HW/Weihrauch Who says springers arent accurate?

This was about twenty shots with unsorted versus sorted pellets. Fantastic tool to really evaluate your testing. Most of us shoot far to few shots to draw conclusions. It takes minimum 30 to 50 shots to see small differences.

Yes! It takes LOTS of comparative shots to evaluate any aspect of accuracy. The shooter, range conditions and the rifle itself can fool you. The best projectile is the one that consistently better over a wide sampling. Not necessarily the one that shoots best on a certain target on a certain day.

3 groups with 3 different rifles and from shooting sticks, no bench, no tripod. 55 yards, the circles are 1 5/8''

578 97, SR, R11.JPG

I was testing pellet sorting this morning and the HW97 was fantastic. I was shooting from a rest. Top row was sorted pellets, the bottom row was the rejects. Both were pretty good but the sorted ones were a little more precise with fewer flyers.

25 yards, three shot groups so I could see all the shots.
View attachment 491686
Thank you for sharing your test and results, great shooting

If you want to see real accuracy out of a springer, try a FWB 300. Mine which I have had just short of 40 years, off a good rest, with good pellets, using double diopeter sight setup with properly sized target, will literally put pellet after pellet through the same hole. Those diopter sights are designed for ten meters, 33.3 feet, so I use a proper 10M airgun target. I have never tried it with a scope at all, might be fun at longer ranges. Back in my younger days, I'm a few weeks shy of 79 now, I could set kitchen matches up and light them from across my deck which was about 30 feet, but eyes, and not as steady as then, so those days are long gone.

If you want to see real accuracy out of a springer, try a FWB 300. Mine which I have had just short of 40 years, off a good rest, with good pellets, using double diopeter sight setup with properly sized target, will literally put pellet after pellet through the same hole. Those diopter sights are designed for ten meters, 33.3 feet, so I use a proper 10M airgun target. I have never tried it with a scope at all, might be fun at longer ranges. Back in my younger days, I'm a few weeks shy of 79 now, I could set kitchen matches up and light them from across my deck which was about 30 feet, but eyes, and not as steady as then, so those days are long gone.
Sounds cool. I'll look into it!

Reactions: Bandito and sekiar
I'd like some input from you springer shooters. I've been wrestling with shifting poi as I'm shooting. I'm actually seeing it pretty much every time I shoot, even with a different scopes. I'll be absolutely drilling the x but my poi will shift a few clicks after a handful of shots. I make an adjustment in aim point and I'm back in the center again. A handful more shots and the poi shifts again consistently for a few shots so I make another adjustment. Back in the bull again.

Is this normal? Do you feel like you're constantly having to adjust aim point to hit the x when you're shooting? I'm having to make three significant adjustments in one 25 shot card. It's driving me nuts. I feel like the gun is an absolute tack driver but something is letting me down. I don't know if it's a scope problem or if the gun is changing somehow or what's going on.

Reactions: Bandito
I'd like some input from you springer shooters. I've been wrestling with shifting poi as I'm shooting. I'm actually seeing it pretty much every time I shoot, even with a different scopes. I'll be absolutely drilling the x but my poi will shift a few clicks after a handful of shots. I make an adjustment in aim point and I'm back in the center again. A handful more shots and the poi shifts again consistently for a few shots so I make another adjustment. Back in the bull again.

Is this normal? Do you feel like you're constantly having to adjust aim point to hit the x when you're shooting? I'm having to make three significant adjustments in one 25 shot card. It's driving me nuts. I feel like the gun is an absolute tack driver but something is letting me down. I don't know if it's a scope problem or if the gun is changing somehow or what's going on.
I could take a guess your scope is moving under the recoil.

Is this normal? Do you feel like you're constantly having to adjust aim point to hit the x when you're shooting? I'm having to make three significant adjustments in one 25 shot card. It's driving me nuts.
Had the same issue myself—my cheek weld and eye alignment were all over the place. I blamed the gun, the scope, even swapped scopes. In the end, turns out the real problem was the one behind the trigger.