HW/Weihrauch Who says springers arent accurate?

I was testing pellet sorting this morning and the HW97 was fantastic. I was shooting from a rest. Top row was sorted pellets, the bottom row was the rejects. Both were pretty good but the sorted ones were a little more precise with fewer flyers.

25 yards, three shot groups so I could see all the shots.
1000005318.jpg

Last edited:
I was testing pellet sorting this morning and the HW97 was fantastic. I was shooting from a rest. Top row was sorted pellets, the bottom row was the rejects. Both were pretty good but the sorted ones were a little more precise with fewer flyers.

View attachment 491686
I think they're more accurate than some people realize, especially with the right pellet and practice.

Thats some really consistent accuracy. It really shows how great these guns will shoot.

The accuracy of all my springers amaze me every time I shoot. From the $129 Hatsans to the HW97k. It's impressive how close they will group. Some better than others but none of them too shabby.

Even at crazy distances you can hit targets smaller than you can imagine.

The HW97k is a hammer. Mine is .22. I've shot lots of long strings into a 1/2" hole at 25. It's just stupid accurate and easy to shoot. I bet the full size 97 is even better farther out. And the .177 is flatter. That's going to be a hard rifle to outshoot.

Perfect example of the 3 things many say/think are NOT accurate but NOT necessarily true;

Springer
Break barrel
Magnum

20+fpe AA Pro Elite .22. Shot outside from a standing position but rested on my hand while grasping a door frame.

View attachment 491873
impressive

View attachment 491686

In effect I am shooting long strings in small increments. There is a fantastic tool at blackburndefense.com that allows you to evaluate multiple sets of smaller groups together. Also compares two sets of groups for statistical evaluation of accuracy. There are several really powerful tools that are very easy to use. Here are a couple of screen grabs to illustrate.

Screenshot_20240827_190729_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240827_190804_Chrome.jpg