N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

Like many of you I like my .25s and .22s but hot damn … a quiet and accurate .177 is just a blast.

Seems like most people are chasing high fpe guns but I have to say the .17 is just very nice to shoot.
Lately I’ve been shooting this one here …

NP03

Who else likes their .177?

0A6EA785-82AD-412B-ADB8-4FB5C6FAFA6F.jpeg

Last edited:
It was too windy here to seriously shoot my one 177, a P35. It is supposed to be much quieter (3mph versus 7mph) early in the morning so the 177 is all aired up and ready to go. I've been trying different printed moderators and found one that seems to help accuracy while also being quiet. First target was so-so, but I'm hoping for better tomorrow. Today I shot my 25 caliber Avenger. Also tested moderators for it too and one seems to help it. First target in the wind with other issues too but it is also ready to go for tomorrow morning. After the 177.

My P35 likes H&N Baracuda Match a lot but seems to like Baracuda FTT a little more. It is tuned to shoot them about 880 fps. Doesn't much care for JSB 10.3s and the regulator is set a little high for lighter pellets. It will shoot through a 3/4 softwood board if I avoid the knots (or 1/2 inch plywood). Some report good accuracy with knockout slugs in these guns but mine is pretty wild with them. It is my pick for backyard pesting and target shooting when the wind is low. Takes squirrels cleanly with any decent shot placement and can take bigger prey with well placed brain shots.

It was too windy here to seriously shoot my one 177, a P35. It is supposed to be much quieter (3mph versus 7mph) early in the morning so the 177 is all aired up and ready to go. I've been trying different printed moderators and found one that seems to help accuracy while also being quiet. First target was so-so, but I'm hoping for better tomorrow. Today I shot my 25 caliber Avenger. Also tested moderators for it too and one seems to help it. First target in the wind with other issues too but it is also ready to go for tomorrow morning. After the 177.

My P35 likes H&N Baracuda Match a lot but seems to like Baracuda FTT a little more. It is tuned to shoot them about 880 fps. Doesn't much care for JSB 10.3s and the regulator is set a little high for lighter pellets. It will shoot through a 3/4 softwood board if I avoid the knots (or 1/2 inch plywood). Some report good accuracy with knockout slugs in these guns but mine is pretty wild with them. It is my pick for backyard pesting and target shooting when the wind is low. Takes squirrels cleanly with any decent shot placement and can take bigger prey with well placed brain shots.
I do like the barracuda match in 4.53 10.5 g for my Npo3. My Maruader likes the JSBs though

Last edited:
I shoot my little .177 slugger quite a bit - have been shooting it all week actually - it's one of my "go to" pesting guns for some of my dairy permissions. It's even been known to take out a woodchuck or two ( or four or five . . . or more? lol ) but from no more than 30 - 35 yds tops. ( I prefer to use a .22 or bigger for chuckies )
chuckie#11_2024.jpg

It is a Thomas in a GRS Hybrid stock with a custom shroud and moderator.

VERY VERY VERY nice. Completely changed the look. I've considered figuring out how to drop my tubed USFT into a stock like that but haven't ever gone through with it, just an idea.

Yours was executed really well, looks great.