N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

I shot my Vulcan 3 in .177 but something's not right.... 600fps with a 13.43gn pellet????? What did I do now?? Last thing I did was install a depinger. It's down in the shop now waiting for me to go thru it. My first thought is to make sure everything is lined up properly with the transfer port. Maybe the barrel didn't go back in perfectly lined up??!?! IDK... UGH

I have fairy wand AA S200 .177 that perplexes as I got it 3rd hand at least, has a custom trigger, quiet as heck and is a laser for 35yrds . I have a Stormrider .177 that I have just received an Altaros reg for, then ordered the gauged fill receptacle, plus received some hammer spring material to see if I can turn a "sow's ear" into a silk purse. Plus I have a stock AA T200 inbound to try and screw up attempting to make a quiet accurate light .177. Late in August I have an FX Streamline .22 inbound - can I change that to .177?

Love this rifle. I've almost built a couple myself with the 2078 stock and disco or Prod action.
I enjoy my 1720T as well.
1720754381970.png

VERY VERY VERY nice. Completely changed the look. I've considered figuring out how to drop my tubed USFT into a stock like that but haven't ever gone through with it, just an idea.

Yours was executed really well, looks great.
I had a local stock expert do it. The Thomas action is quite simple: a 1.5” round channel inlet with a box cut for the trigger group and a slot for the loading port. I almost considered attempting it myself but I’m glad I didn’t because fitting a trigger guard against the GRS style handgrip was more difficult than it seemed. He installed a UIT rail too.

I have a MEC Contact III butt plate that I think I can directly bolt into the GRS adjustable butt system. Hope to finish that tonight. Then I’ll choose a hamster and it should be fully ready for field target.

Last edited:
I shot my P35-177 as planned this morning. Wind was not as low as I hoped but was only about 5 mph. I shot a 190 on the 30 yard challenge target. Not my best with this gun but far from my worst. It's nice and quiet, powerful enough for backyard pests, gets close to 100 shots per fill, and it's accurate enough to be fun and interesting to shoot. I'll switch to my more accurate Caiman X and/or P35-22 for these targets but I will still pull out the 177 sometimes. For pesting the P35-177 will be my first choice.

Reactions: Perle
I get to try out my newest .177 gun at the Cowboy range this afternoon, stretching its legs out to 42 yards and dealing with the range's normal 9:00-10:00 wind on the bay where we shoot our airguns.

IMG_3562B.jpg

Thanks go out to ctshooter for selling me such an incredible gun after he put so much work into it. I could not believe the first outing I had in my back yard with it for scope zeroing and pellet testing. I always hope that a little gun like this will shoot Hades well, but unfortunately not this one as tuned. But then trying the Monster Redesigns, I was blown away. That is a full mag (13 shots) in a 0.310" group at 25 yards. Not too shabby either with the pellets ctshooter said that it liked, the Benjamins in the black tin, giving me 13 shots in 0.3215".

IMG_3565.JPG