N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

I got out yesterday with my Dreamtac and shot from ~225 bar fill down to ~135 for a total of 8 mags or 176 shots at ~650 fps (~7 fpe). Freakishly accurate at 20-25 yards. I also discovered that it WILL reach out to 50 yards accurately... IF I read the wind correctly. The light 7.33gr pellets can really drift when they head that far downrange. It makes you realize how good a 10.5gr pellet bucks the wind when it's flying at 900 fps.
With the objective of seeing how many shots I could get on a fill and with so many shots, I did a couple mags worth of offhand shooting as well. I took one pesting shot and murdered a fly at 20 yards. A productive day at the home office!

I shot some 13 grain jsb at a target to verify zero with my Bullshark, just in case a rodent shows up. I love the rifle with the short Huma Mod 30 Avalanche. It’s quieter than my 13 FPE CZ200’s and it’s putting out 21 FPE.
My target stop is rubber mulch in a box so it’s shocking when I ahoot steel how hard the little 13 grain hits.

Uncomfortably heavy. I will be putting it on a diet and trying to pull the weight back towards my torso. Total weight is 13lb 12oz right now. The Thomas barreled action with a 24” long barrel is almost half of that, but the 60oz of scope and rings sure don’t help.

The stock is a GRS Hybrid, which is more of a prone stock design. The length of pull is currently over 14” with the MEC Contact III adjustable buttplate. My first step is to remove that and do a 3D printed butt plate designed around my preferred adjustments, with an absolutely minimal length of pull. I failed to account for the curled up shooting positions of field target and used standard length of pull sizing.

Then I’ll see where my eye position is. The scope rail may need to be lengthened to bring it back further.

Playing with this one today.

20230817_123536.jpg

20230817_123518.jpg

Shot my Revere here ysterday. The 24grain slugs from ZAN didn`t do any good. Not even worth posting a picture of the group. The Revere has a limitation to 22grain solids which its shoots with fingernail accuracy @ 44yards. THe 24grain requieres so much more power and may have to be a bit tapered so they don`t engage the rifling when loaded. Maybe a slight change in the ogive.

Reactions: Greenarrow
Shot my Revere here ysterday. The 24grain slugs from ZAN didn`t do any good. Not even worth posting a picture of the group. The Revere has a limitation to 22grain solids which its shoots with fingernail accuracy @ 44yards. THe 24grain requieres so much more power and may have to be a bit tapered so they don`t engage the rifling when loaded. Maybe a slight change in the ogive.
.177?

Uncomfortably heavy. I will be putting it on a diet and trying to pull the weight back towards my torso. Total weight is 13lb 12oz right now. The Thomas barreled action with a 24” long barrel is almost half of that, but the 60oz of scope and rings sure don’t help.

The stock is a GRS Hybrid, which is more of a prone stock design. The length of pull is currently over 14” with the MEC Contact III adjustable buttplate. My first step is to remove that and do a 3D printed butt plate designed around my preferred adjustments, with an absolutely minimal length of pull. I failed to account for the curled up shooting positions of field target and used standard length of pull sizing.

Then I’ll see where my eye position is. The scope rail may need to be lengthened to bring it back further.
Really good info! thanks for sharing the details.

When I bought my NP03 there were no more .22s or .25s in stock. I like the gun but then after purchase I questioned myself about getting a light .177.

I got caught up in the power and “ bigger” holes of the .22/.25

I’m glad to say I was thinking wrongly. .177 is still the bell of the ball in many situation. Renewed love for the .177

Was shooting yesterday dispatched about 400 16 Grain Zan slugs.
Continued today after slapping a few coats of paint on the Shot shed, that ended up being 700 16 grain Zan slugs, flavored with a few 100 20 grainers and even some 24 grain too.
Sadly the 24 grainers do not behave in my Two, or for that matter the sawed off ( no choke ) Maverick.

I got a few 16 and 20 grain left, those i will probably shoot tomorrow before i go visit my dear old mother, and then drive home.
The little red lightning ( nic for my little Suzuki car ) was jam packed with airgub stuff and my overnight bag, plus my old backpack that have my laptop i an typing on right now.

Sun setting soon, and we got a fire ready and some Whiskey on the rox, CUZ today we celebrate a delayed 4 of July, as it is finally weather for a proper celebration.
BBQ setting nicely, time to uncork a single malt ( me ) and some Burbon for my M8.

I shot some 7.87 gr and they did well at 10m. Most of my shooting was just verifying the rifle was still good between shooters. About 400 pellets through my S200 the past two days.
One of my folks loaded a pellet backwards and still managed a hit 😂
At 10m a backwards dome cuts like a wadcutter
They had practice paper targets up that weren’t the same as the scored target so they could familiarize with the rest and rifle.

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6438.jpeg

IMG_6425.jpeg