N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

4:24am and I’ve been up an hour with my 1yo. I’m guessing any 177 shooting today will be plinking after a nap later 😂

Yesterday evening I shot my Bullshark 177 at steel. I was using a Huma mod 30 avalanche with no added sections and it was backyard friendly, I added a baffling section last night. It is absolutely silent. I hear the mechanical noise in the rifle then the 22 fpe smack on steel 20 yards away.
I did have to adjust two scope clicks up to regain zero.

I shot 25 13 grain monsters and called it a night. Reloaded the carm mag in case any pests show up.

Why can’t you have high performance with a 177?
Ghost with 28” barrel @ 100 yds 13 gr jsb ko slugs 31 fpe
IMG_4500.jpeg

Outer circle 1-3/8” inner 7/16”

I cleaned my Two today, also took the barrel apart to take measurements on it, in case i decide to get another one that will need machining.
Already a fair bit of lead dust accumulated insid the barrel shroud.

One downside, apparently the barrel are M14 and M15 thread ( fine ) the problem is what pitch CUZ i can not find my thread counter tool.
But i have a sneaky feeling both are 1.0 mm pitch.

If weather hold, i will be slinging lead again Thursday and Friday.

I screwed one of these on my Stormrider today. https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/diana-artemis-fill-valve-and-gauge-assembly/

Now with the Altaros regulator consuming the OEM tank pressure gauge as a regulator gauge , I once again have a nifty gauge to measure tank pressure. All of a sudden my "cheap" Stormrider isn't so cheap:) Once I finesse the trigger I guess I will have completed my Stormrider journey. I need to shoot a lot of pellets to break this thing in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle
I love the .177 cal guns. Shot my Huntsman in .177 today before heading into work.
View attachment 479475
I have one just like this except it is a .20 . . . one of my favorites. Laser beam accuracy and quiet.

My two .177s are my BSA R10 and my Daystate Mark 4. They are the perfect backyard Starling eliminator. Laser beam accurate, extremely quiet and steel and walnut works of art, just like the .20 Huntsman Regal. (The Trigger on the Mark 4 is beyond great.)

BSA R10b.jpg

Huntsman Astile.jpg

Mk 4 .177.jpg

I managed to squeeze in a 45 minute session yesterday evening in the glow of the setting sun. I've put a month of work into the last two weeks, which put me behind with my personal obligations. Had to play catch-up all weekend. But grateful for the trigger time once I got through.
I shot some 8.44gr JSBs with the Dreamtac. I haven't run them over the crony yet, but at the same settings I use for 7.33/7.87gr (~650 FPS), I see only a slight shift in POI. Small enough that it is difficult to compensate for without dialing the scope in (which I did not do). But full mags (22 shots) inside a bottlecap at 25 yards. They're moving a little slower. I could easily see them in flight but they have similar penetration at range. I'll be switching to these and leaving the sub-8gr pellets for the pistols.

We shot several rounds of "Chicken Little " at our monthly match this weekend...

The EVOL 177 rose to the occasion and we took home the money on the one where there was a cash pot. Several people used it pretty successfully in some of the rounds.

We shot 50, 60, 70, and 80 yards with our sub 20 ft lb rifles on a ram, turkey, pig, and two chickens at each range. Then changed it to 3 chickens at each range. Those chickens at 70 and 80 in switching wind are pretty tough. We shot from any ft position and everyone were on stools and sticks I think. Went through just short of a tin of pellets with the EVOL... TON o fun !

20240126_173750.jpg

Bob