N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

Old Noob here. Is there a NOTOS-like with bottle (Compact and light) not overly expensive regulated .177 on the market? When I say overly expensive I mean in the $500.00 range. Light I mean 6lbs-ish with optic.

Maybe the Avenger Bullpup in .177? Mine is due in a few days, big sale at Pachyderm Air. The new Macavity carbine in .22 (no .177 as of yet) looks great, very light and regulated and cheap, I'll prolly get one soon, they're not on the market yet just pre-orders. I think it's the Evol in a different wrapper, look like it anyway just less expensive.

Reactions: graycrait
I shoot mine everyday.
I’d say my Marauder is shot 200 out of the 365 days

image.jpg

Old Noob here. Is there a NOTOS-like with bottle (Compact and light) not overly expensive regulated .177 on the market? When I say overly expensive I mean in the $500.00 range. Light I mean 6lbs-ish with optic.
Bottle makes it hard, that usually adds some cost. The Snowpeak P35 is 5.3 lb without a scope. I have the bullshark, Stoeger version in 177. I will look up how many shots I get per fill, it’s a lot. The Bullshark has a longer barrel than the P35, so it’s slightly heavier at 6.2lb.
The platforms have been great for me.
I have the stocks switched between my two here, the bullshark 177 is wearing the P35 stock.

IMG_6196.jpeg

I just got an Avenger Bullpup in .177 with a DonnyFL adapter but no moderator yet (the factory moderator is removed to install the adapter). It was halfway full when the compressor gave out. So I put in a magazine and took a shot out the window into the woods.... SONIC CRACK! I shot an RWS Hypermax alloy pellet, very loud. So I immediately degassed it and put it down, I'll wait for the moderator, I don't need neighbors complaining. Wow, way louder than I expected, like rimfire loud.

I just got an Avenger Bullpup in .177 with a DonnyFL adapter but no moderator yet (the factory moderator is removed to install the adapter). It was halfway full when the compressor gave out. So I put in a magazine and took a shot out the window into the woods.... SONIC CRACK! I shot an RWS Hypermax alloy pellet, very loud. So I immediately degassed it and put it down, I'll wait for the moderator, I don't need neighbors complaining. Wow, way louder than I expected, like rimfire loud.
You need heavier pellets. Try some in the 10 grain or higher range.
I’d reference some older posts about supersonic speeds and accuracy.

Sonic crack isn’t what you want

Reactions: Air King
I had the day off to help my dad out with a medical thing. Everything went fine and I had time to shoot the Marauder and the Dreamtac this evening. I blasted through a fill on the Mrod. It really is satisfying to take 3 shots on a bottle cap at 25 yards seated with elbows on the deck and practically stack them (I thought I was missing as I only heard the first shot hit the cap, the others went through the same hole). I can only see a hint of the target at that range, but there's a feel to it. Then I got the Dreamtac out and ran a mag through it at 25 yards as well. I was lazy though. I should have chronied the 8.44s and re-worked my dope. Instead, I just sorta killed a bunch of bottle caps and grinned a lot.

I had the day off to help my dad out with a medical thing. Everything went fine and I had time to shoot the Marauder and the Dreamtac this evening. I blasted through a fill on the Mrod. It really is satisfying to take 3 shots on a bottle cap at 25 yards seated with elbows on the deck and practically stack them (I thought I was missing as I only heard the first shot hit the cap, the others went through the same hole). I can only see a hint of the target at that range, but there's a feel to it. Then I got the Dreamtac out and ran a mag through it at 25 yards as well. I was lazy though. I should have chronied the 8.44s and re-worked my dope. Instead, I just sorta killed a bunch of bottle caps and grinned a lot.
There is something very therapeutic about plinking!

I plinked with my Bullshark and some FX 13.4 gr, and eliminated a bird feeder pest!