N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

Spent the entire day testing different pellets and hammer spring settings with my .177 RAW MicroHunter trying to eliminate flyers. RAW says these have "10 Meter accuracy in a 50+ meter compact hunting rifle," but I have yet to find even basic (repeatable) hunting level accuracy in it. Hopefully some phone discussions with RAW service personnel tomorrow will enlighten me as I ended the day no better off than when I started (although I got lots of trigger time, and that is always good!)

IMG_3608b.jpg

Reactions: dgeesaman
I retuned the Mrod for lower power this weekend. Went from about 30 shots with JSB Monsters around 900 FPS to shooting Heavies right in the 820's for what's looking like close to 50 shots. Just trying to reign in the power so it's more suitable to my (now smaller) home range. It's an iron sighted gun, so no real need to deliver heavy ammunition a long distance. I'll take the extra shots. Accuracy is still stellar and perhaps even better.

Reactions: cavedweller
Shot Daisy 853 CMP .177 SSP light weight / quiet , Shooting at 16 meters the power pushing that little .177 flat nose pellet ripping it's way through the paper target completely drowns out what little noise the rifle makes .
this is what i shot today . the black bull was just a BB size dot on top of the front sight post , Finally got the diopters sights dialed in !!
WIN_20240825_17_27_27_Pro.jpg

Spent the entire day testing different pellets and hammer spring settings with my .177 RAW MicroHunter trying to eliminate flyers. RAW says these have "10 Meter accuracy in a 50+ meter compact hunting rifle," but I have yet to find even basic (repeatable) hunting level accuracy in it. Hopefully some phone discussions with RAW service personnel tomorrow will enlighten me as I ended the day no better off than when I started (although I got lots of trigger time, and that is always good!)

View attachment 489988
Manage to get it fixed?

View attachment 489988
I would try a different mod. Super short barrels pushing anything even a little faster than they want might require a mod that not only mods but also cleans.