N/A Who shot their .177 today ?

Bullshark was put into service with a new Discovery 6x24AO.

I took out two invasive small lizards

IMG_8570.jpeg

Reactions: drpietrzak
We shot several rounds of "Chicken Little " at our monthly match this weekend...

The EVOL 177 rose to the occasion and we took home the money on the one where there was a cash pot. Several people used it pretty successfully in some of the rounds.

We shot 50, 60, 70, and 80 yards with our sub 20 ft lb rifles on a ram, turkey, pig, and two chickens at each range. Then changed it to 3 chickens at each range. Those chickens at 70 and 80 in switching wind are pretty tough. We shot from any ft position and everyone were on stools and sticks I think. Went through just short of a tin of pellets with the EVOL... TON o fun !

View attachment 481796
Bob
Well look what I found... I have been thinking about doing something like this with my Magnon, but to shoot the heavy 177 slugs. I realize you're probably shooting pellets for sub 20 events, bit can you fill me in on some of the spec's and whatnot that your shooting at, what barrel blank, etc. Thanks.

Well look what I found... I have been thinking about doing something like this with my Magnon, but to shoot the heavy 177 slugs. I realize you're probably shooting pellets for sub 20 events, bit can you fill me in on some of the spec's and whatnot that your shooting at, what barrel blank, etc. Thanks.
Here you go...

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I've considered setting it up as a heavy slug shooter but from my calculations, it would require a 1 in 12 or 1 in 14 twist and I don't have those or a convenient source. Lillja might make one but more than I'm ready to spend for that. I might make up one of my LW poly's at some point to see what it will do.

That’s awesome power and I know the BullShark is dead balls on accurate.

You liking the 6 power discovery ?
Yes I do! I’m putting the 2nd one on a Notos that just arrived today. I have two other affordable 6x, a Hammers and an AliExpress “Walther” and the Discovery is much nice at first look and use.
I don’t use illuminated reticle much, but I tried it on the Discovery. There is bleed of the color around the outside.

I eliminated two small lizards in my yard at 17ish yards away. So the reticle is good thickness is not an issue for me.

Avenge-X .177 PCP First Attempt at Rimfire Central 25/50 Challenge at 25-Yards: Round 2

I took a shot at beating my 1950 from last time. I was not able to do so. I was close, but it was a no. I am still getting ready for winter a bit here, so this is a PCP. This is a rimfire challenge, so this is just for fun and giggles.

Rifle - Avenge-X PCP .177 (Base Model: Power Setting Low)Class: PCP Air gun
Ammo: AA 10.3 Field Heavy Sorted to 10.4 Lubricated
Optic: Vortex Crossfire II 6 to 18
Front Rest: Bald Eagle Front Rest with Sinclair Bag Rider
Rear: Protektor #13 Rear Bag and Custom Bag Rider

The weather was 75-degrees Fahrenheit with about 85% humidity. There was a slight 0 to 3 mph wind. It varied in direction but was largely calm.

The rifle is stock, and there are no tweaks to the gun. The bottle started the day at full capacity. I took a couple of shots to sight in the rifle. The shots all remained on the regulator. Tank pressure started at just under 300 bar. The regular was about 1800 psi. Low Power Setting.

avengx Target 01.jpg

Man, I just got mine 3 days ago with the plastic stock beside the crappy stock it's a shooter for sure. I'm shooting on low setting the 13.43 RDs at 805 average with reg at 2,000 psi and off the bench sighting it in at 30yds it stacks them pretty much just a big hole size of dime all day. Now on high I'm shootings the 16.2 beasts at about 920 and it's stacks them as well. Think I'm getting the saber tactical chassis for it. The composite stock is not good. The hammer doesn't make much change in fps till you get the reg pressure up there pretty good. Trigger could be better but I'm spoiled with my skout epoch. Great gun for the money!

Reactions: drpietrzak
Man, I just got mine 3 days ago with the plastic stock beside the crappy stock it's a shooter for sure. I'm shooting on low setting the 13.43 RDs at 805 average with reg at 2,000 psi and off the bench sighting it in at 30yds it stacks them pretty much just a big hole size of dime all day. Now on high I'm shootings the 16.2 beasts at about 920 and it's stacks them as well. Think I'm getting the saber tactical chassis for it. The composite stock is not good. The hammer doesn't make much change in fps till you get the reg pressure up there pretty good. Trigger could be better but I'm spoiled with my skout epoch. Great gun for the money!
What gun?