Why didn’t I read more about the atn pro 4k…

Or for that matter Atn products. Freeze from the get go. Well, update the firmware good sir…uh, let’s see, the firmware on my scope is more recent than what they have available to download so there goes that idea. Try this, try that, then turn off this and that. REALLY ..but wasn’t that part of the selling point? So brand new, turn off every option, look for software, OUT THE BOX? No thank you, right back to ATN. Oh, the sales guys called me each time immediately when I was looking to buy…but now? Vmail, vmail, vmail. It’s ok, I’ll take my refund and go elsewhere ATN.

I'm still in the trying-to-make-it-work phase on the ATN X-Sight 5 LRF 5-25. It IS getting better, I think... came with the newest firmware, so that's good. Some basic stuff confounded me, like trying to calibrate the compass in it, but a quick call to their customer service sorted it out. I had trouble connecting the App to my device, or keeping it connected when it did on my iPhone 13. Tech support suggested using an iPad and that has been flawless. I haven't had trouble getting through to their customer service number - someone always picks up within a couple of minutes. I have had it freeze up on me a few times. Holding the power button for 15 seconds forces a shutdown and then it seems to come on ok. Unless mine becomes unfunctional, I'm going to stick with it. The feature set is unlike anything else offered right now for anywhere near the price. I've also read this about their previous version of this scope, but it should smooth out with firmware upgrades. I DO wish it was autofocus - you'd think it could be since it's mostly video-based. I need to spend time testing the Zeroing capability and ballistic calculator/range finder on my .30 cal Alpha Wolf... that's next, I think. On the Ultimate Reloader YT channel there is a positive review of the X-Sight 5:
So - I went into this knowing there were firmware issues that had largely stabilized with version 476 (edited to show right version), and expect to see other issues sorted out as it matures. Maybe I'm a sucker... but I think it's going to be ok (famous last words).

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty911
There's this new sucker born everyday. From everything I read ATM does a poor job of creating a electronic scope that actually works as advertised. Either and or their firmware or Hardware is faulty and cannot be repaired to meet specifications they originally marketed.
Possibly, but I'm willing to try to make it work. Making progress. Electronic scopes are completely new to me, so I'm not quite so jaded yet. I've been putting together my own computers for over 35 years. The firmware/software/hardware issues I've had to deal with make this seem minor. Working now with video and networked audio systems, along with streaming platforms, cameras and audio drama, I think I can handle this. The company has been around for a while and has a track record of sorting out firmware issues. The units have a 2-year warranty, so that shows they have a desire to make things right with people.

Mine will not stop freezing. It just freezes all repeatedly and I don’t know for what reasons. I tried to ugrade the firmware but like I said, what is in the scope is newer than what they have online. I have a wraith HD now and as stable as it is, I know the quality is far below the atn. I wanted to like the ATN so much because of all the bells and whistles and the clarity, as compared to my wraith HD. I guess I can’t say much as the wraith is half the price. Now I’m sure the wraith 4k is just as good quality wise. Oh well.

Mine will not stop freezing. It just freezes all repeatedly and I don’t know for what reasons. I tried to ugrade the firmware but like I said, what is in the scope is newer than what they have online. I have a wraith HD now and as stable as it is, I know the quality is far below the atn. I wanted to like the ATN so much because of all the bells and whistles and the clarity, as compared to my wraith HD. I guess I can’t say much as the wraith is half the price. Now I’m sure the wraith 4k is just as good quality wise. Oh well.
The last 3 digits are higher than .476? This is the current firmware: xsight_5_5_1_04_476.bin - and this is the correct update page: https://www.atncorp.com/firmware
Note that it says if your current firmware is .461 or lower, you have to download two files and will update twice. Also, if you're below version 392, you need to call them. What version is yours? Mine came with .476...

M
The last 3 digits are higher than .476? This is the current firmware: xsight_5_5_1_04_476.bin - and this is the correct update page: https://www.atncorp.com/firmware
Note that it says if your current firmware is .461 or lower, you have to download two files and will update twice. Also, if you're below version 392, you need to call them. What version is yours? Mine came with .476...
Mine is 511