Why isn't the Leshiy 2 more popular?

There is really no way to justify spending over 2000.00 on any airgun. If you want one and have the money, go for it! I'm 68yrs old and can enjoy my acquired wealth now or leave it to my daughter to squander away after Im gone. I have an AZ tuned Rapid, AGT Vulcan, Cricket and a few lesser airguns, but this fits a niche I didnt have. Semi auto is fun but Quickly realized it's hard to replace pellets these days, so I'm forced to shoot conservatively. 

There is really no way to justify spending over 2000.00 on any airgun. If you want one and have the money, go for it! I'm 68yrs old and can enjoy my acquired wealth now or leave it to my daughter to squander away after Im gone. I have an AZ tuned Rapid, AGT Vulcan, Cricket and a few lesser airguns, but this fits a niche I didnt have. Semi auto is fun but Quickly realized it's hard to replace pellets these days, so I'm forced to shoot conservatively.

i agree. justification is difficult, but i am a master at rationalizations. :p

I completely agree with you! I am sure my daughter (and my two sons) would object to any suggestion that they would squander and legacy I might leave, but the real point is that I worked hard to get where I am, and I want to enjoy the fruits of that labor while I can. No justification necessary.

I completely agree with you! I am sure my daughter (and my two sons) would object to any suggestion that they would squander and legacy I might leave, but the real point is that I worked hard to get where I am, and I want to enjoy the fruits of that labor while I can. No justification necessary.

because i am an expert at making rationalizations, i would say i am doing them a favor, because they will inherit some awesome stuff.

The simple answer is that it's been popular enough to sell out wherever it hits. That might be changing. I got my pre-order from EdGunWest some months ago, but even before that I had hit the "notify me when they're in stock" button, and have received at least three notifications (after having received my order) of availability. That said, for the most part they've been hard to buy. 

Oh, did anyone mention that they're expensive? I love 'em (I bought two!), and I'm not griping about the price, but it'd be foolish to pretend that everyone can buy one at the price.

Then there's the fact that they're new. People on AGN, who have followed the L2 thread know all about them, but even avid airgunners who have dropped 'offline' for a while (I do this a few years at a time) probably have not heard of them.

The one thing I can say for certain is that it's not because they don't work, or that owners don't like them. Quite the contrary. 

GsT

Instant gratification is only 9 months away .. and that could apply to several areas :) :)

If I put that 2000 dollars in a descent fund or stock I would have few bucks more in 9 months so can’t justify that at all. Completely missed the L2 boat when Krale had a few. Also many other guns to try in that 9 months too. Hahaha 

Looks like it is coming in second to the FX impact in popularity on this forum, at least looking at the first couple of pages of posts. 

I went with the Leshiy 2, compact, semi auto, and I am sure more when I get to actually shoot it later this week. Come on Fed Ex, deliver early!!!!

is it the newer version with the grip and regulator adjustments?

Looks like it is coming in second to the FX impact in popularity on this forum, at least looking at the first couple of pages of posts. 

I went with the Leshiy 2, compact, semi auto, and I am sure more when I get to actually shoot it later this week. Come on Fed Ex, deliver early!!!!

is it the newer version with the grip and regulator adjustments?

Yes, I do believe so. It does have the new regulator with external adjustment, but not sure if it has a new handgrip. Haven’t shot it yet due to technical difficulties. 

i recommend the reduced angle mod 0 grip from bravo company. no more wrist hitting the tank brace...better feel (imho), storage compartment, reasonable price. you will need a #10-32 x 3/4 inch cap screw, because the one that comes with the red grip is over an inch long and won't work unless you put a stack of flat washers on it (bottoms out). i think the reduced angle also help keep my hand away from the hinge, although if you have big, meaty hands, you might still want some kind of beaver tail style, if you can find one that fits like the stock grip.

closeupgripCapture.1628457679.JPG

What is Not to be popular? Simplicity at its finest. Few dreaded "0" Rings Easy/User friendly maintenance and adjustments (not as refined adjustments as the M3 however Not the possible head aches/down time as well). Great aesthetics, simple upgrade-able options. Very Good Field/Gun accuracy, light weight, short with 350mm barrel an Oh, FUN, Semi Auto!

A goto gun when you get the itch to shoot for backyard friendly even when friends come over to just shoot cans and a beer. Simply gaining in popularity every day & not hearing stuff on repairs/reliable!

Well EdGun has sold more than 5000 since October 2020 so I'd say they were popular ?

WOW! Good to hear they are doing very well. I really should of bought the one from @blackpaw when he was selling it, but it wasn’t quite the configuration I wanted. Oh well, maybe one day. With over 5000 in the US someone might sell one in the configuration I want right? I really need to work on my rationalization skills! LOL 

all things considered I’m actually quite happy I waited, having an externally adjustable reg is a requirement for me and maybe if I wait long enough L2.2 might even have a…….gasp! power wheel!

qball,

What is the configuration you are seeking and may I inquire as to why that configuration?

" having an externally adjustable reg is a requirement for me and maybe if I wait long enough L2.2 might even have a…….gasp! power wheel "

Would be great, however with this platform...short light weight quick to swing and shorter range shooting once set/forget! Clearly is adjustable however requires semi easy take down adj and repeat....lengthy process yes, however a Very Simple Valve mech. no brainier to deal with. Now if used in long range, where on the fly adj is applicable and highly useful i.e. the FX M3 then adj manditory agreed, however do consider buying "Anicin" ......with it, with the possibility of sompt'n going wrong is paramount in the decision. For long range and Not hunting accuracy I would not recommend this platform. For repeatability and Fun run Do-Not walk but rather Run to the Leshiy 2 IMO! (I am a hands on user).