Why oh, Why do Lefty's Keep getting the Shaft???

I agree with BFloyd. Today nearly every gun begins in CAD as a symmetrical design. At some point a designer has to make an active choice to make the design one sided. Would the Impact be any harder for a right handed shooter if the magazine was centered? Some guns I can work around but others like the Maverick and Wildcat are completely unsuitable for a lefty.

I can't imagine making a decision to eliminate up to 13% of my customers when an ambidextrous design is completely possible.

I agree with BFloyd. Today nearly every gun begins in CAD as a symmetrical design. At some point a designer has to make an active choice to make the design one sided. Would the Impact be any harder for a right handed shooter if the magazine was centered? Some guns I can work around but others like the Maverick and Wildcat are completely unsuitable for a lefty.

I can't imagine making a decision to eliminate up to 13% of my customers when an ambidextrous design is completely possible.

Agreed.
Best example possible: Why not make the Revere Ambi instead of right handed. That is absolutely costing Daystate $$$$.

Reactions: Dairyboy
This would be like asking Lincoln car company to make a few right had drive for postal delivery guys to buy and drive .
Back to your inquiry some companies do make real lefty guns . HW97 /77 and TX200 are made totally lefty not just the stock .
I don't know how many Lincoln postal delivery vehicles there are, but I would bet that it is less than .5 percent.
HW77/97 are ambi but not Lefty (which I am fine with). A lefty TX200 costs more which I can understand since there are fewer made, however the anti bear trap is still on the right side. With the loading port on the left and the ABT on the right I end up switching hand positions multiple times every single pellet.
I haven't heard anyone calling for a lefty only gun, just a more lefty versions or ambi models.

Last edited:
I shoot left-handed,for many decades I used right-handed rifles. Never again,I will say in the PB world most rifle manufacturers do make left-hand models as so do some of the Air gun manufacturers..I have bought some custom-made stocks because they were offered in left-handed models..... old bs about learning to shoot right-handed,I can, but it takes me longer to get a sight picture.,Yes indeed Pistols are the way to go, those I shoot right-handed . "separate but equal",What?:eek::ROFLMAO:

So when you have a pistol in your right hand which eye are you aiming with?

Lots of people shoot switch. Right handed left eyed. Or vice versa.

Brocock Ghost

Reactions: ba49
I am lefthand and left eye dominate. I appreciate companies that make true LH guns. It’s not I can’t make most RH guns work but will never like them. It’s really discriminatory but I don’t plan to file lawsuits with each gun company to force them to built the same guns at the same price in LH.

I'm not sure about "discriminatory" but I understand your frustration.

Carhartt does not make bib overalls that fit me. I like the product and would purchase a pair in my size. They don't make them. It's not discriminatory. It's just a decision they made in production.

A company that refuses to sell a rifle to a left handed person would be discriminating. A company that refuses to build a left handed rifle would not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
Fairly small list in the grand scheme ...
Those are all damn fine guns, I currently own a few of them, and have owned them all..

True most Daystates are lefty friendly, but a few are Not and you pay an exorbitant amount of money to special order one that is not ambidextrous....
I can see you're argument if you're talking about dedicated left handed rifles, or left hand cocking. In my experience most airguns are ambidextrous aside from a select few.

Ask the average person what their dominant eye is and they will look at you like you have 3 eyes.
We have 120 officers at my agency, i know of at least 3 that are right handed and left eye dominant
I understand what you and a few others are saying in regards to dominant eye and maybe shooting with both eyes open, as well as a few comments of just learn to shoot right handed..

All well intended responses, unfortunately in my case IHave to shoot lefty due to being 100% blind in my right eye.

So maybe that sheds a little light on why i brought up the subject....

I understand what you and a few others are saying in regards to dominant eye and maybe shooting with both eyes open, as well as a few comments of just learn to shoot right handed..

All well intended responses, unfortunately in my case IHave to shoot lefty due to being 100% blind in my right eye.

So maybe that sheds a little light on why i brought up the subject....

So most lefties need a left handed gun and some righties are left eye dominant. And everyone who lost a right eye needs one.

It sounds like the market for left handed guns just grew. Maybe some manufacturers are missing out on a key demographic?

So most lefties need a left handed gun and some righties are left eye dominant. And everyone who lost a right eye needs one.

It sounds like the market for left handed guns just grew. Maybe some manufacturers are missing out on a key demographic?
But there are equally, probably, around the same left handed right eye dominant. So that’s a wash.

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
But there are equally, probably, around the same left handed right eye dominant. So that’s a wash.

The same by percentage. But there are a lot more right handers. So there will be many more left eye dominant righties than right eyed lefties.

We need rifles for all of them. Immediately if not sooner.

Last edited:
The same by percentage. But there are a lot more right handers. So there will be many more left eye dominant righties than right eyed lefties.

We need rifles for all of them. Immediately if not sooner.
Notos is available right now and a great bargain. 😂

Zelos also. The Chinese are doing great things for lefties..

I’d say the market is better than ever. We also should respect a free market. It doesn’t work in our individual favor, but it’s the best option.

I’d say that the current market in AG’s is the best it’s ever been for lefty. And has steadily improved to this point.

Last edited:
All things considered i think there are plenty of choice for the lefties, but of course you can not have it any which way you like it.

My Two is fully swappable, though MAGS / single shots do have to be loaded from the Right, but the cocking lever you can swap over and i also think the cheek rest can be rotated 180 degrees.