Wicked Air Rifle Trio

Got a pretty cool collection on my hands.
The black WARP is set up with a 17” .25 barrel and a COBRA regulator and valve.

The FDE WARP is set up with a 17” .25 barrel and a COBRA regulator and valve. It will soon have a Cothran Powerhouse valve in it with a 12” .30 barrel.

The burnt bronze Flex is set up with a 24” .22 barrel with a Cothran Powerhouse valve and a COBRA regulator. I also have a 24” .357 barrel I can put on it. Just waiting for a few parts.

Thank you to all who helped me put this collection together. I really love this platform and the versatility it offers. A special thank you to Bear Arms for doing such a great job with the Cerakote finishes. Took these guns from a pretty beat up state to tough as nails show pieces. I do love how well the black WARP was taken care of. She is still wearing her original finish.
IMG_7376.jpeg
IMG_7375.jpeg
IMG_7374.jpeg
IMG_7373.jpeg
IMG_7372.jpeg
IMG_7371.jpeg
IMG_7370.jpeg
IMG_7369.jpeg
IMG_7272.jpeg
IMG_7273.jpeg
IMG_7274.jpeg
IMG_7275.jpeg

Awesome guns man! I had a WARP with the Cobra valve and reg with 16" .22 and .30 barrels. Such a good shooting gun. Do kick myself I ever sold it. The .30 was my favorite. Arguably the most accurate gun I have owned when barrel had a couple mags threw it after a good clean. Love your collection!
They are definitely, in my opinion, the best built air rifles out there. So easy to work on and very robust. The regulators are tough and accuracy is out of this world. I’ve sold a few and always regretted it. Gonna hold on to these guys though.

No idea how many FLEX / WARP guns ultimately were assembled & sold over the @ 6-7 years WAR was around, but in my gut feel it was likely only a few 100 if that :unsure: Which makes them a pretty rare bird indeed. Very nice collection of 3 you have acquired.

Still have one as well with the required parts to assemble as Either version, barrels & probes for .177, 20., 22, .25 & .30 cal

DSCF1041.JPG

No idea how many FLEX / WARP guns ultimately were assembled & sold over the @ 6-7 years WAR was around, but in my gut feel it was likely only a few 100 if that :unsure: Which makes them a pretty rare bird indeed. Very nice collection of 3 you have acquired.

Still have one as well with the required parts to assemble as Either version, barrels & probes for .177, 20., 22, .25 & .30 cal

View attachment 369648
That is a beautiful Flex. I love the setup. What regulator are you running?

That is a beautiful Flex. I love the setup. What regulator are you running?
My involvement ( behind the scenes R&D ) with WAR predates the "Cobra" in drop block requlators, where fixed output NINJA bottle regs were utilized on regulated versions.
Years later did similar R&D with JSAR as well worked in house a short time where the evolution of the Adjustable Ninja reg was happening.
* Shown / used on the WAR is a pre production / prototype Ninja adjustable.

The FDE WARP is set up with a 17” .25 barrel and a COBRA regulator and valve. It will soon have a Cothran Powerhouse valve in it with a 12” .30 barrel.

The burnt bronze Flex is set up with a 24” .22 barrel with a Cothran Powerhouse valve and a COBRA regulator. I also have a 24” .357 barrel I can put on it. Just waiting for a few parts.

Thank you to all who helped me put this collection together. I really love this platform and the versatility it offers. A special thank you to Bear Arms for doing such a great job with the Cerakote finishes. Took these guns from a pretty beat up state to tough as nails show pieces. I do love how well the black WARP was taken care of. She is still wearing her original finish.
View attachment 368992View attachment 368994View attachment 368993View attachment 368995View attachment 368996View attachment 368997View attachment 368998View attachment 369001View attachment 369002View attachment 369003View attachment 369004View attachment 369005
Man, all I can say is. I am jealous.

Reactions: robbos

View attachment 368992View attachment 368994View attachment 368993View attachment 368995View attachment 368996View attachment 368997View attachment 368998View attachment 369001View attachment 369002View attachment 369003View attachment 369004View attachment 369005
I still have a close place in my heart for these rifles, kinda like your first love 🥰😊 thought about getting one again but the Evol 30cal PRS is calling my name 😊

With a PH valve in there .... your going to want a much lighter hammer strike, Generally DESTROKING would give the best solution.
Also having a hammer no bounce SSG devise in place.

What I'm showing is just a version I cobbled together years ago. It also utilized controlled poppet lift or AKA buffer adjustment capabilities.
If you stay with the factory steel hammer, you can drill & tape the face end to place a nose that will allow stroke changes.

Have fun, good luck (y)

DSCF0783.JPG

DSCF0785.JPG

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_

View attachment 369648
Please tell us about that shiny aluminum piece between the shroud and breech. Did you solve the challenge of R&R barrel/shroud and getting POI within a reasonably close place to prior to disassembly?

Great innovative platform for its era, but inconsistent machining from Gen to Gen and the barrel retention/tensioning system ultimately lead to my no longer owning any WAR guns.....now I do still have a Cobra Reg that I will never part with, lol...