Wildcat MK 3 scope zero / rail is parallel the barrel?

Cran

Jun 12, 2024
I dont KNOW that it is. But with two of my three scopes i cannot raise poi enuff. Still inches low. Anybody know what gives? I mean ya shouldnt have to go thru this scope ring some do some dont song and dance With an out of the box brand new gun?I love the Wildcat, super SWEET tigger but all this scopin ringin drivin me nuts! Ive tried high low and mid rings… shimming too, ive tried high rear, low front rings… got sdjustables otw but seriously? seems a pretty major design issue.

If you have a micrometer (every airgunner ought to) take measurements of distance from rail to barrel on each end of rail. Either it's parallel or not.
i do, and will check that but they should arrive at same point somewhere out there no? so IF they are it seems a design flaw? no? or are all rails parallel to barrel, im not real scope savvy... duh

I don't have any issues with mine zeroing out to 50 yards or even 100. I have a one piece mount on mine.

IMG_0992.jpeg

@Wlcran --=--​

"MIke what does that mean? They have a built in moa angle betweenscope and barrel?"
Yes. Many of the FX platform rifles have built-in specific MOA of usually 20 or 30 MOA. It will likely reveal itself by simply measuring the rail itself by a rear height measurement and a front height measurement. They will be different if the MOA is built-in. If they are the same, then there is no MOA built-in and they should be parallel with the barrel.

I reviewed the Utah Air website for the Wildcat III and it appears that this rifle does NOT have the built-in MOA, however, this is what it does state:
*Adjustable scope rings are typically required with this gun and most optics.*

So, it seems that there is an inherent issue with the mounting of optics for this rifle with that statement. I believe that this means the Picatinny rail is in fact parallel with the barrel without the MOA built-in.

mike

One solution can be to rotate the liner into another position, inside the barrel.
Shoot one or two shots on target without any adjustement. Then loosen liner nut, and rotate the liner 1/8 of a turn, thighten, and shoot again. Repeat this procedure, until the projectile impacts on the highest point.
Then adjust scope to hit bullseye.

You have to mark the liner at the end , so you can check the position, when you rotate, and lock it.
It is not uncommon there can be 10-15 cm height difference on 25 m,at the highest and lowest impact when rotating it.

This procedure can also help if the impact is way to the left or right on target, and having to adjust the scope allot.

The liners are not always completely straight, and this procudere fix that issue

@Wlcran --=--​

"MIke what does that mean? They have a built in moa angle betweenscope and barrel?"
Yes. Many of the FX platform rifles have built-in specific MOA of usually 20 or 30 MOA. It will likely reveal itself by simply measuring the rail itself by a rear height measurement and a front height measurement. They will be different if the MOA is built-in. If they are the same, then there is no MOA built-in and they should be parallel with the barrel.

I reviewed the Utah Air website for the Wildcat III and it appears that this rifle does NOT have the built-in MOA, however, this is what it does state:

So, it seems that there is an inherent issue with the mounting of optics for this rifle with that statement. I believe that this means the Picatinny rail is in fact parallel with the barrel without the MOA built-in.

mike

@Wlcran --=--​

mike

Well, that answers that question. Thanks much for your research and comments. Puts me on a path. Many thanks. Lee