Wildcat mk2 tune

"BigTinBoat"
"Dagabose"
"BigTinBoat"
"Dagabose"I'm getting an increase of fps off the initial fill of 230 bar from the gauge on the rifle. The first 20 shots shot from the first shot being 792 fps and the 20th 885 fps, which is where it stable for about 60 shots. Could the initial fps creep up be due to over filling?
Not from over filling, but from the regulator "Creeping". FX regulators seem to be known to do this.
Ah, so to counter this would it be good to find the pressure at which it is starts around 880s , which seems to be where it stabilizes for about 60 shots, and just always start 
at that fill point? Or will I see this no matter what fill point I start at?
Doesn't matter what you fill to. If you fill and shoot right away all the shots will be the same. If the gun is allowed to sit for a period of time the seal basically starts leaking a little allowing more air into the reg.
The way guys fix it is to "Waste" the first shot or 2 by dry firing, or install a Huma.
So is this a defect in the regulator, and should be sent back for repair? Or is it just something all fx rifles deal with, and will have to get a Huma if I want to fix it?
My mk2 is only 2 weeks old, and only have about 350 pellets through it.

"Dagabose"
So is this a defect in the regulator, and should be sent back for repair? Or is it just something all fx rifles deal with, and will have to get a Huma if I want to fix it?
Since yours is so new, it could just be breaking in. If you look around you will see a common problem with them. I picked up a used wc and it had a creep problem. I took it apart and rebuilt it and it got a bit better, but not perfect so I got s Huma. No problems now.
If you send it back for repair I really don't think it will be much better.

"BigTinBoat"
"Dagabose"
Since yours is so new, it could just be breaking in. If you look around you will see a common problem with them. I picked up a used wc and it had a creep problem. I took it apart and rebuilt it and it got a bit better, but not perfect so I got s Huma. No problems now.
If you send it back for repair I really don't think it will be much better.
Thanks for the help Big. I'll run a bit more through it, and if it's still happening later I'll get a Huma. Thanks again. 

"Dagabose"
Thanks for the help Big. I'll run a bit more through it, and if it's still happening later I'll get a Huma. Thanks again.
If you're just target shooting I would just waste the shot or 2. My gun was for hunting and if mine sat for 2 hours the velocity might be 40fps slower. Tough to fire off a shot while a squirrel is sitting there, even with the shroud and additional LDC.

"BigTinBoat"
"Dagabose"
If you're just target shooting I would just waste the shot or 2. My gun was for hunting and if mine sat for 2 hours the velocity might be 40fps slower. Tough to fire off a shot while a squirrel is sitting there, even with the shroud and additional LDC.
I'll be mostly hunting with it.