AEA Will heavier hammer solve valve bounce. Company sent wrong one

New to pcp's. Valve bouncing, company sent free replacement spring but heavier and wrong dimensions. Not sure if worth the effort to make work or just wait for another.
This is for .457 Challenger Elite.

20240803_190041.jpg

20240803_191151.jpg

20240803_191216.jpg

20240803_191243.jpg

Search PC080-750-23000-SST-5250-CG-N-IN on thespringstore.com

I put one of them in my challenger elite 51 and it solved the bounce I was getting at 200bar. Still seems slightly too strong at 200bar... would probably be perfect at 220 but these aea regs get weird above 200. Also, you can trim this spring or your existing spring to stop the bounce. Go little by little, maybe 1/8" at a time.

Reactions: Stubbers
Search PC080-750-23000-SST-5250-CG-N-IN on thespringstore.com

I put one of them in my challenger elite 51 and it solved the bounce I was getting at 200bar. Still seems slightly too strong at 200bar... would probably be perfect at 220 but these aea regs get weird above 200. Also, you can trim this spring or your existing spring to stop the bounce. Go little by little, maybe 1/8" at a time.
Ok. Just ordered 6 of these right now. Would like to pm you about my accuracy issues. (Don't know how& probably don't meet requirements yet) Maybe you could give me some insight

Last edited:
Just an update here to say I was wrong about being sent wrong replacement hammer spring. If I'd included this pic someone here probably would haved pointed out what I couldn't see as a newbie to pcp's.
As tech informed after seeing this pic the hammer spring in Challenger Elite's aren't supposed to be seated around the knob of the back plate like this. It's just supposed to be up against it.
Simply didn't appear wrong to me since that's how I found it and either end fit around knob the same way. Figured it a was that way to stabilize and center the spring. Everything's a learning curve when getting into something new.
So if you've got an Elite that's valve bounceing, and find yours like this you need a new spring. Tech said the longer, heavier spring was actually a factory updated/upgraded spring to address weak hammer spring issues with the Elite's.
Anyway learned something new, and maybe it'll help someone else having valve bounce issues with these guns.
Still not sure that heavier is better since tech said shorting might be needed according to how gun's tuned.
So the journey continues.

20240807_162100.jpg