Wingman, your 204 m Kiwi hare was only 5 yards short of

Hi Harry,
228 is a great shot regardless of caliber! Well done!
It was a happy moment for sure when I saw mine roll over at that range..

Here's the write up if you haven't seen it.. (about half way down the page)

http://nzairgun.com/forum/index.php?topic=298.msg6761#msg6761

Neil and I had a friendly competition running between us for the longest kill shot for a while but I think this one will be hard to beat with his lower powered .22 and .25cal..
Here's his record shot to date..

http://nzairgun.com/forum/index.php?topic=1349.0

Im planning to build up a higher powered .25cal with this new "old stock" BSA Lonestar .25 barrel that I have been stashing to feed the new 34gr JSBs and really stretch the legs of my PCP "small bore" hunting.. more on that soon... :)

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story; and also that of Neil. Thank you.
I am very proud of Neil. He early on showed great discipline and willing application to the task. You know he very nearly sold off that great little rifle before it had a chance to really show what it had to offer.
You too have obviously walked the walk that leads to satisfaction in our shared interest. ...

The right rifle/barrel and power will I think allow the new Heavy Kings to raise our LR pellet shooting another notch. Your Lonestar barrel is the same as my Hornet Special, but so far I am limited to about 800 fps. I could have John Bowkett send me a regulator to lift the speed or fiddle the transfer port a touch. 880 fps is what i'd like.

I don't know whether it's a good move, but Pavel tells me they are revising the pellet to suit some magazines. I have just bought 10 tins in case things don't turn out for the best for me. If the next iteration is as good or better then no harm done and I still have the best early die output in case. 
I intend to modify a few to see if they respond like the Baracuda 0.25s did.

I should join your NZ group. They seem like a supportive bunch of blokes who enjoy their sport without raz-a-ma-taz. I bet many played better than average Rugby too in their day. It's a good grounding for grounding the ego and your pitches have grounded the best (alliteration intended). I survived my days as a rake without cauliflower ears!!
Best regards, Harry.

That was a great read, Wingman. Had you captured that amazing shot through the camera, you would have had instant virality (word? - don't think so. :) ). I admit to a case of very serious envy when I look at your R3 stock. Mine was an old maid compared to your prom queen. And, is that a 35mm Bushnell on top? Geez that feast has all the trimmings.

PS. Borat made me blurt laughter unexpectedly, and I got thrown into an embarrassing coughing fit sitting next to my wife on the couch. Thanks for that. :D

"Yrrah"I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story; and also that of Neil. Thank you.
I am very proud of Neil. He early on showed great discipline and willing application to the task. You know he very nearly sold off that great little rifle before it had a chance to really show what it had to offer.
You too have obviously walked the walk that leads to satisfaction in our shared interest. ...

The right rifle/barrel and power will I think allow the new Heavy Kings to raise our LR pellet shooting another notch. Your Lonestar barrel is the same as my Hornet Special, but so far I am limited to about 800 fps. I could have John Bowkett send me a regulator to lift the speed or fiddle the transfer port a touch. 880 fps is what i'd like.

I don't know whether it's a good move, but Pavel tells me they are revising the pellet to suit some magazines. I have just bought 10 tins in case things don't turn out for the best for me. If the next iteration is as good or better then no harm done and I still have the best early die output in case. 
I intend to modify a few to see if they respond like the Baracuda 0.25s did.

I should join your NZ group. They seem like a supportive bunch of blokes who enjoy their sport without raz-a-ma-taz. I bet many played better than average Rugby too in their day. It's a good grounding for grounding the ego and your pitches have grounded the best (alliteration intended). I survived my days as a rake without cauliflower ears!!
Best regards, Harry.

You would be a welcome addition to our NZ forum Harry, we are no nonsense group of guys and gals with the same passion for slinging lead and pushing the boundaries of or sport without all the drama that seems to to follow this hobby of ours. Neil is a great guy and has been casting me plenty of lead to test my big bore projects too..
theres only a handful of guys here that own big bore air guns so its nice to all get together to "shoot the breeze at times.

I have yet to see a barrel as accurate as these early .25 BSA barrels with both Kings and Benjamin domes so I have high hopes for the new JSB heavy additions. I hope Pavel continues to make these 32gr pellets along side a shorter magazine suitable pellet as I think the extra length is more suited to the BSA fast twist and needed for my intentions... I must touch base with him soon and put my vote in the "dont change it" box :)

Regards, Wingman

"Ted"That was a great read, Wingman. Had you captured that amazing shot through the camera, you would have had instant virality (word? - don't think so. :) ). I admit to a case of very serious envy when I look at your R3 stock. Mine was an old maid compared to your prom queen. And, is that a 35mm Bushnell on top? Geez that feast has all the trimmings.

PS. Borat made me blurt laughter unexpectedly, and I got thrown into an embarrassing coughing fit sitting next to my wife on the couch. Thanks for that. :D

Cheers mate, 
I considered the mounting the camera for all of about 2 seconds with that shot but then opted for a better chance of dinner :) 
I have taken plenty of rabbits from 100-130ish meters with the scope cam on but that's about the ethical limit for me with such a tiny LCD on my Canon scope cam as it has gone "bad" for me a little too often..
Re: the wood, I was certainly very happy when I first opened my matador case for the first time to see such nice bit of timber but I think most of the earlier matadors from that shipment (the same batch as Trygve's beauties) had nicer stocks, it eased the pain back when you had to wait a year for your Edgun to turn up :)
Now Ed has switched to using the Russian walnut supplier.. The newer stuff certainly doesn't have the same figure..
My R3 is glassed with a Metric Falcon Menace 30mm Counter Sniper Series 6.5-18 x56 with a very fine half mildot reticle. I always intended to swap it out for something else but ended up really liking the combo and using it is like second nature for me now so it has a permanent home. 

Regards, Wingman