Other Wischo Air Pistol??

I've had an old break barrel air pistol floating around the house for years. I did a search online and I THINK it's a Wischo.
I understand that these were imported from a German company (B.F.S.) under various names.
There are NO other markings anywhere on the gun, other than the "W" badges on either side of the grip.
I can't find an exact match for this on the web.
I'd like to know it's age and where to get parts if I need to service it.
It shoots great right now, but I don't dare take it apart until I know I can get the right seals and such to reassemble it.
20231029_104839.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
I've had an old break barrel air pistol floating around the house for years. I did a search online and I THINK it's a Wischo.
I understand that these were imported from a German company (B.F.S.) under various names.
There are NO other markings anywhere on the gun, other than the "W" badges on either side of the grip.
I can't find an exact match for this on the web.
I'd like to know it's age and where to get parts if I need to service it.
It shoots great right now, but I don't dare take it apart until I know I can get the right seals and such to reassemble it.View attachment 401028

It looks like a basic fixed sight version of a pistol called the BSF S-20. Just briefly from what I could find, BSF was the manufacturer, and Wischo was the importer.

This website may get you closer to an answer. It's a German site, so you may need to use your browser's translate function.

Link-

And more possible info here-

If those sites don't help, I'm sure someone else here can steer you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjtamu
Yes, the gun is a BSF S20, their only air pistol model, which was made from the 1950's up into the '80's, and widely regarded as the hardest-shooting air pistol around in its day. BSF's were re-labeled under the Wischo, Bavaria, and Burgo names for various distributors / retailers.

I have a major soft spot for these! One just like yours, belonging to a teenage friend, was the first European springer I ever saw or shot...I've been trying to recover ever since, lol.

There were three basic versions of it:
1. Basic pistol with plain grip/frame and fixed rear sight, like yours.
2. Target version with plain grip/frame and adjustable rear sight on an extended rear plug, like mine below.
3. Match version with the target action in a fancier grip/frame with rudimentary palm shelf and thumb rest.

BSF serial numbers are rather mysterious; I don't know how to date the gun from that. For parts: JG Airguns in the US; Chambers and Knibbs in the UK; Sportwaffen Schneider and Waffencenter Gotha in Germany. The S20 is a bear to take apart and reassemble...the good news is, if you keep a bit of oil on the seals it may out-live you as is.

It has leather piston and breech seals. The small screw in the rear face of the receiver cap adjusts trigger sear engagement (which works better on the base version; with the extended sight plug it is underneath, at a weird angle).

Per Mr. Gaylord's comment, the gun actually IS a cut-down version of BSF's junior rifle of the day. Besides the elegant short tapered barrel of course, it has the rifle action with the trigger "bullpupped" forward, and the sear hanging out the back!

IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

Last edited: