Tuning Would adding larger plenum help with reg creep

So firstly ,, my mistake, its actually a 2021 and not a 2022 .
So i thought a bigger plenum would more evenly distribute the air content of the system as surely, capacity must play part of the equation as it seems that if its just pressure then why creep , the math dont add up in my mind..... but thats my mind :rolleyes:.
Its at 110b reg for the moment with 25s Hades and filled to 275 and its held for 12 hrs so far...
Will leave for 24 hrs,, its a wait and see job..
However......... i did the tune a different way this time and ive noticed an odd thing..
Things go pear shaped when i tune down , so if i go over my desired set point and then come back to it............... CREEP
I need to back below desired set point , fire a few dry ones and then take it up again.
This was done at 200 fill. Once set, then a couple of dry fires ,any tiny adjustments if so another couple dry fire and top off to 275 fill. (which is still 160b hp over 110b rsp ... and holding, yet 150b hp over 150b rsp CREEPS .This stuff baffles me :rolleyes:.
Anyhow ,,so far so good with the reg.
Getting to the pellet saga :) the 33.95s (34s) flew spot on, really nice . I can feel what you say about suitability for the gun/pellet but in terms of the feel of the gun..
I would say that with the 25g the gun felt more steady, and it felt more relaxed, at ease with the pellet . The 34s made the gun feel as though it had to work harder and felt a tad jumpy,, but with great accuracy and stopping power., also a 20" barrel x 34g is a bit of a greedy combo for a . 25L tank on a 150 bar tune,.
Noticed a bit of drag on the feed with the 34s and a tap on the table with the mag after loading dropped/seated the pellets into the mag better but still a bit tight on the feed.
25s sweet..

Your mind is working just fine starting with the sentence, getting to the pellet saga 🙂. Feeling and hearing how a gun responds when you squeeze the trigger is a big part of this hobby. It can let you know when you are asking too much and surprisingly can let you know when you are asking too little of a gun. It’s blubbery or twangy.

Now to try to help you wrap your head around the first issue. It has nothing to do with the set point. It has to do with what is leaning on that set point. Think of your reg as a board. 300b or 300lbs sitting on the board is going to bend it more than 250b or 250lbs. Some reg designs can handle 300b pressing on them better than others. I don’t need to fill my guns to 300b for two other reasons. Filling a gun is easy nowadays. I don’t push my guns to the point they are air hogs or the provided air tank or tube is inadequate. Thats why they make bigger guns with longer barrels and more air capacity.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Thats why they make bigger guns with longer barrels and more air capacity.

Yupp.

And then there are those who want it all:
▪︎ High power
▪︎ Low noise
▪︎ High shot count
■ In a SHORT package!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I am one of those, I admit... 🤷🏻‍♂️

I even have the same gun...! 🙋🏻‍♂️

I have analyzed this impossible conundrum, trying to squeeze out the max. on all three or four factors, while finding the balance that's right for me.

Here's my thinking in a diagram:

GUN Performance Triangle (PCP's) – to Balance Power + Quietness + Compactness. 1MB.jpg

About shot count:
I swapped the 240cc OEM bottle for a 300cc bottle. No problem with length or diameter. Not too heavy. But 25% more shots. 👍🏼

About compactness:
I need a silencer for shooting close to houses.... — the 510mm barrel ends almost right at the end of the shroud — not much sound suppression going on there.
But at least when I'm out in the field and when I travel, I still have a short gun!

It's fun to figure stuff out! 😊
Cheers,
Matthias