• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Traditional Rifle WTS: HW 97 25mm tube / Maccari Grade 2

Classified Status
SOLD
HW 97 25mm tube / Maccari Grade 2 stock - $550 REDUCED

u4VFjAP.jpg

UPDATE: 07/04/2023

I opened up the 97 last night to check out the insides. Piston still has good compression but I noticed the breech seal was toast. I swapped it out for an old OEM seal and the fps went up a little. I added another spacer that came with the Maccari kit I put in back in '17 and the average velocity went up to and average of 797 and 795 on back to back five-shot strings. That puts the gun around 11.7 / 11.8 FPE, which is where it should be. I have some new seals on order and they will hopefully be in by the end of the week.

The second thing I want to point out is the wear on the cocking lever, no doubt from my wedding ring. I just happened to put the gun on the table so that the muzzle end was in direct sunlight from the skylight above my porch. I never noticed this before and you can see the difference in the two pictures below taken seconds apart. You also cannot see the wear in the picture below showing the scratch from the locking catch,

I want to provide full disclosure and give an accurate representation of the condition,

Given these new relevatiions I am adjusting the price to $550 shipped and insured in the CONUS per below. It does not make sense for me to go any lower, I would rather keep the gun.

jpOCGYEl.jpg

4pCG4zBl.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions.

ORIGINAL POST BELOW

Up for sale is a very nice older HW 97 with the 25mm tube, Maccari Grade 2, brass setback trigger and adjustable butt pad. I purchased this back in 2017 and used it for a few seasons of FT. It is way more accurate that my shaky-@$$ will ever be. Very smooth shooter. Hopefully the pictures will tell the story. Not a safe queen but in nice condition.

6qkUdInl.jpg

Red circles are .25" for comparison purposes.

GgpsmW0.jpg

wRh80TF.jpg

sjIrkh9.jpg

I shot three groups in WFTF mode, just like the first picture. I was at 30 yards and it took three groups to finally calm down.

The wrap around the cheek rest was to provide a better cheek weld and is easily removable. It sticks to itself, not what it wraps around. I replaced the spring and piston seal with Maccari products after purchasing it, and have not had it open since.

wgGUBYM.jpg

CdzE4jSl.jpg

Text me at four four zero – six three five – six zero six three

The Bushnell Elite pictured is not for sale, but I would be open to discussions if wanted with the gun since it is such a nice combo for WFTF.

KLpyGqzl.jpg

Price is $650(reduced to $550) shipped, insured and PP fees covered in the CONUS. Open to other payment methods, PP is just what I typically use.

I used to buy and sell a lot on the old Yellow forum, lots of positive feedback.

Thanks for looking.

Bruce.net

Last edited: