• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Yep! It Happened Again,,,

Got up yesterday and made coffee, then looked at the classifieds on here and it happened again?? I just can't help myself! I found this sweet little 50s by a reputable member and before I knew it, me and Carter, you remember my faithful side kick,,, were on a 200 mile road trip to rescue this fine Weihrauch air rifle in 177. I just don't understand why this keeps happening.
100.JPG

101.JPG

It came with the lightweight 2x7x32 Hawke Vantage and a little one piece cantilever base ring and rings, with double locking pins. It is very light, and shoots pretty good. with three different pellets so far. Even Crow Magnums to my surprise. They don't shoot well in most of my guns, It came with the boxes and paper work for both the rifle and scope. and as setup is my lightest most compact outfit. It looks unfired, and even though a little twangy and louder than I like, I'll hold off before tuning it. But I can see down the road a Vortek HG4 kit is in order. Probably go with the lighter 12# instead of the HO kit on this smooth little ultra light!

Its a true delight to handle and carry around. Now I think I have everything I need,,,, but I aint going to say it.

They're neat guns. I'd chuck the backwards cantilever mount and use separate medium rings. Skip the stop pins. You don't need them.
I have two of these both in 177. Aftermarket stocks. Sweet when you get the twang under control. Accurate as practically anything and no extra weight or fumbling around with an underlever's breech.
HW30, HW50, HW95. Some of my favorites. My other HW's don't get used much
IMG_0957-1.jpg

Wont be changing the mount! In the first place Medium rings would be heavier, and higher. It is no higher from the center of the scope to the center of the barrel than my R10 with the 4-12X40 Airmax in Medium 1" rings. It just looks like it because of the petite 32mm Objective. small as I can get, and as light!

It won't shoot with my R10 or 77K and no better than my 34 Diana. But its so light and compact, that was why I bought it. Now those guns are tuned, something I may do later but for now, I'll break it in and see what we get.

I will say it boggles my mind how well it shoots the 10.3 grain AA Diablo Heavies, and the lighter JSB Exact RS @7.4 grains. I have better pellets in all my 177's. But this gun not only shoots both better than anything else, they both shoot to the same POI? 699 fps to 850 fps. in the lightest gun I own????
20240628_132151[1].jpg

20240628_132414[1].jpg

That first target at the left was the first shot to the right, then 4 in the same hole. So I moved over and shot them agiain after a 2 click adjustment @20 yards. The AA Heavy's are the right target right after shooting the JSB RS, no adjustments. I guess we know what I'll be buying next, since only have one tin of each.

20240628_144456[1].jpg

Just for reference a dime engulfs those bulls, and that's 15 consecutive shots. I refuse to change anything when a new gun shoots like this. we'll debate a tune at another time. But I'm sure it can be improved, and trust me, its far from well mannered. So maybe a Vortek 12 fpe PG4 tune kit is in order. But then again, I know the HO kit will quiet and calm it down as well, I just need another magnum springer,,,,,,, unless someone's parting with the green Laminated Special Edition HW77K in 177!

Last edited:
That is a nice little package indeed. I got into Weihrauch’s years ago with a 50. I sold it at the time to finance a gently used HW95 with a vortex kit though. For some reason at the time I thought I only needed one air rifle to do everything. I recently picked up a used HW35 to fill the void. I only have a few springers though. I get it with the prices these days no point in passing up a deal. Thanks for sharing.

How do you find the Hawke 2-7 for clarity and brightness? I have often thought about getting one. I have a couple older Hawke’s with larger lenses and like them quite a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcatter
Got up yesterday and made coffee, then looked at the classifieds on here and it happened again?? I just can't help myself! I found this sweet little 50s by a reputable member and before I knew it, me and Carter, you remember my faithful side kick,,, were on a 200 mile road trip to rescue this fine Weihrauch air rifle in 177. I just don't understand why this keeps happening.
View attachment 475828
View attachment 475826
It came with the lightweight 2x7x32 Hawke Vantage and a little one piece cantilever base ring and rings, with double locking pins. It is very light, and shoots pretty good. with three different pellets so far. Even Crow Magnums to my surprise. They don't shoot well in most of my guns, It came with the boxes and paper work for both the rifle and scope. and as setup is my lightest most compact outfit. It looks unfired, and even though a little twangy and louder than I like, I'll hold off before tuning it. But I can see down the road a Vortek HG4 kit is in order. Probably go with the lighter 12# instead of the HO kit on this smooth little ultra light!

Its a true delight to handle and carry around. Now I think I have everything I need,,,, but I aint going to say it.

Yes , I contacted the seller quickly but it was gone !!!

Reactions: Wildcatter
1719676072474.png

I know what you mean when you see a great deal and can't pass it up. I was looking hard for a Beeman R7 or HW30S, and no one had new ones, and used ones were overpriced. Then I stumbled upon this HW50 Hunter in .177, that already had a TnT spring kit added as well as a Rowan extra setback trigger, and had a Hawke Airmax 3x9 on it. The light marks on the stock are actually interesting grain patterns. there were no blemishes on it at all. Two weeks after getting it, the Beeman R7s became available again, and I ended up finding a good deal one of those too.
A few years ago, I bought that exact same Hawke Vantage scope for one of my rimfires. I discovered that the point of impact shifted as the magnification changed. One the first scope it shifted straight to the right about 5/8 in at 25 yards. So I sent it back for replacement. On the replacement, I locked it in a vice (using the rings) and checked for point of aim shift before mounting it, and the replacement shifted down and to the right about 5/8 in at 20 yards. So, I sent that one back and bought a Leupold EFR 3X9 and it was perfect. I do have two Hawke Airmax scopes, and a Hawke crossbow scope that are great.
Anyway, you might want to lock your HW50 in a padded vice centered on a target at 7X, then turn it down to 2x and check for shift. Hopefully my two bad Vantages were just flukes from the same run of scopes.

View attachment 475828
View attachment 475826

Does that rifle have tha deviated stock?

View attachment 476102
I know what you mean when you see a great deal and can't pass it up. I was looking hard for a Beeman R7 or HW30S, and no one had new ones, and used ones were overpriced. Then I stumbled upon this HW50 Hunter in .177, that already had a TnT spring kit added as well as a Rowan extra setback trigger, and had a Hawke Airmax 3x9 on it. The light marks on the stock are actually interesting grain patterns. there were no blemishes on it at all. Two weeks after getting it, the Beeman R7s became available again, and I ended up finding a good deal one of those too.
A few years ago, I bought that exact same Hawke Vantage scope for one of my rimfires. I discovered that the point of impact shifted as the magnification changed. One the first scope it shifted straight to the right about 5/8 in at 25 yards. So I sent it back for replacement. On the replacement, I locked it in a vice (using the rings) and checked for point of aim shift before mounting it, and the replacement shifted down and to the right about 5/8 in at 20 yards. So, I sent that one back and bought a Leupold EFR 3X9 and it was perfect. I do have two Hawke Airmax scopes, and a Hawke crossbow scope that are great.
Anyway, you might want to lock your HW50 in a padded vice centered on a target at 7X, then turn it down to 2x and check for shift. Hopefully my two bad Vantages were just flukes from the same run of scopes.
After shooting centerfire Bench Rest, both short range (100-300) as well as 600 yards, for over 40 years, I have become kind of a scope snob. The one scope that was eliminated years ago, was any that said LEUPOLD on them!! A lot of competitors use them, but in BR competition, they the most returned scopes in use. Even the old Weaver 36X with not quite as good of glass in them proved more reliable for me.

My only problem with this lightweight outfit in POI shift is from bench, to offhand. I'm sure zI will find the hold I need to obtain the same poi for both. But out of 8 other springers, this is the only one I'm seeing this with.

But any scope I buy or acquire immediate goes thru a range of test. groups of 5 shots on a 2-7 will see 2x, 4x, and 7x. A 4-12 would be tested the same at 4x, 8x, 12x. I also shoot them at the same distance be 12 25 yards for air guns, 50 yards for rimfires, or 100 yards for most centerfires adjusting the parallax under and beyond the distance I am testing at to make sure when my eye is centered in the scope, they shoot to the same POI.

I also have an old Vantage 2-10x44 SF that has been on 3 or 4 different springers over the past decade and a half. never a hiccup. But right now with 5 Airmax, and two vantage the only one I have had trouble with was a brand new 4-16-50 IR SF, the most expensive Hawks I own. the replacement has been spot on.

I also have used the XB-30 Pro since it was introduced with the old steel sled mount on it. It was nice, but when they went to 30mm tubes on those scopes with infinite IR, I replaced all three of my crossbow scope to the new one, I currently run 2 on my bows, and have one brand new setting in the box in case that bugs hits me and I find another special Excalibur worth buying,,, the only crossbow I will hunt with.

But that's it, anything requiring under .1" moa capability, it will be Night Force, March, or Kales. But I have been using Sightron's mostly 8-32x50 and just bought 2 10-50x60's, one for a varmint rig, and one for a test against my NF 10-55x50 on my favorite 600 yard gun. To be honest, the NF is slightly better glass, but performance and repeatability is looking just as good.

My problem with shooting the extreme accuracy game for so long is now as I age, the travel the time loading and cleaning, and getting back to the line in time is becoming more work than fun. So, I'm now turning this into the same tail chasing game with my air rifles! The ones I had for years that were perfectly fine, no longer entice me, and I am running the gambit from plinkers to target guns and have to try everything in the top tier in each category to be satisfied. Problem is, when I find a better one, to replace something I already have, I cant part with the ones I'm trying to replace???

Again and again and again. For 70 years its never changed, someday I'm going to have grandkids and son's that acquire a wealth of very nice toys!!!!

Reactions: IanC and sekiar