Yong Heng instead of small compressors with 12v motors.

This is to possibly save someone out there some anguish. This is also most likely for newbies like myself. When I started it was with gun, compressor, and a scope. Loved the gun so I ended up running comp almost everyday. Won’t bore with how it broke. After two months maybe it gave up in a way couldn’t repair. So didn’t want to get another one of the same thing, when you shop for them they all seem similar, the smaller size anyway. A Yong Heng is an option to upgrade from one of the small comps. If you can stand to put up with a bucket of cooling water. They are similar in price to the small 12v units , and even cheaper than many of them . The performance compared is simply outstanding. Small compressor -15 to 20 minutes to fill from 1000 to 4300 .6 liter gun tanks.
Yong Heng air pump-3.5 minutes from 1000 to 4300. Same .6 liter gun tanks.
Night and day and so much easier all around with no weak power supply unit or having to do it in front of your vehicle. Stick in the probe throw on the switch and 3.5 minutes later your gun tanks topped off.
I will however say you should probably also be willing to buy a tank and decent regulator and fill the gun from tank. Fill tank with yong heng air pump. However you don’t have to do that, you will just want to after you see how fast the unit moves air. I would recommend that type to anyone thinking on the small compressor unless your are after the 12v for its portability. The yong heng is over 40 lbs , less than 50 though. It has no 12 volt option other than a 2000 watt inverter, those are not cheap. Also the need for cooling water makes it more of a semi permanent set up at your home rather than a good choice if portable is important. Adding the tank gives you a portable option but it’s going to cost about as much as the yong heng did if you buy a tank and reg combo or even more depending on where you look. eBay has good prices on tanks people buy in bulk that have been taken out of service , the normal precautions should be taken going that way as with any used equipment . A 3 Liter tank for 39 dollars plus 20 dollars shipping is an example of what I’ve found to be the cheapest so far. Add a 50-60 dollar regulator and your portable again. Tanks range in size widely, price goes with them. It depends on how you do things . A used tank might not be for you. You will have to fill it , the yong heng being so much faster makes watching that little fill line pressurize more scary as well, at least to me it is. 310 bar is nothing to disrespect , there would be regret if one survived I suppose.
I can’t speak to longevity yet. most reviews over all have lead me to believe if maintained properly the units hold up well over time. You will need to be hands on and learn the air pump so when a seal blows or you need to change the o rings on compressor unit itself you will know how to do it. That goes with all of them if they compress air. If I could go back and start over I would start with the yong heng, the cooling water hassle is well worth the quicker fill time to me personally. People will tell you don’t get the auto stop version. I will tell you the opposite, get the auto stop version , I just monitor the process and make sure it cuts off as it should. So far it’s worked perfectly.
If there is a same cost or less option better than or as good as that Yong Heng I didn’t find it. I hope this helps someone maybe trying to decide or looking to see all the options. Best of luck to everyone and happy shooting!

Panzerfaust,
Agreed, three years in June for mine, no problem other than a leaking gauge. Semi-permanent in garage, set-up and break down bucket, hoses, and water pump each session. Don't use tank, just fill guns for home range use. A few other YH positives are inexpensive, easily found parts, good repair videos and power to pressurize post-compressor moisture filters. Caution needed to assure an authentic YongyIheng Pneumatic Company product is purchased, mountains of sub-par clones exist. Yong Heng produces 5 models; Simple, Hardcover, Set Pressure, Auto Stop and Digital. Hardcover and Set Pressure are recommended. Simple lacks Cyclonic Water Separator, Auto Stop is preset at factory (operator can't change) to stop @ 3,000 psi. Digital, OK, but price is up there. WM
IMG_20220322_203924.jpg

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
This is to possibly save someone out there some anguish. This is also most likely for newbies like myself. When I started it was with gun, compressor, and a scope. Loved the gun so I ended up running comp almost everyday. Won’t bore with how it broke. After two months maybe it gave up in a way couldn’t repair. So didn’t want to get another one of the same thing, when you shop for them they all seem similar, the smaller size anyway. A Yong Heng is an option to upgrade from one of the small comps. If you can stand to put up with a bucket of cooling water. They are similar in price to the small 12v units , and even cheaper than many of them . The performance compared is simply outstanding. Small compressor -15 to 20 minutes to fill from 1000 to 4300 .6 liter gun tanks.
Yong Heng air pump-3.5 minutes from 1000 to 4300. Same .6 liter gun tanks.
Night and day and so much easier all around with no weak power supply unit or having to do it in front of your vehicle. Stick in the probe throw on the switch and 3.5 minutes later your gun tanks topped off.
I will however say you should probably also be willing to buy a tank and decent regulator and fill the gun from tank. Fill tank with yong heng air pump. However you don’t have to do that, you will just want to after you see how fast the unit moves air. I would recommend that type to anyone thinking on the small compressor unless your are after the 12v for its portability. The yong heng is over 40 lbs , less than 50 though. It has no 12 volt option other than a 2000 watt inverter, those are not cheap. Also the need for cooling water makes it more of a semi permanent set up at your home rather than a good choice if portable is important. Adding the tank gives you a portable option but it’s going to cost about as much as the yong heng did if you buy a tank and reg combo or even more depending on where you look. eBay has good prices on tanks people buy in bulk that have been taken out of service , the normal precautions should be taken going that way as with any used equipment . A 3 Liter tank for 39 dollars plus 20 dollars shipping is an example of what I’ve found to be the cheapest so far. Add a 50-60 dollar regulator and your portable again. Tanks range in size widely, price goes with them. It depends on how you do things . A used tank might not be for you. You will have to fill it , the yong heng being so much faster makes watching that little fill line pressurize more scary as well, at least to me it is. 310 bar is nothing to disrespect , there would be regret if one survived I suppose.
I can’t speak to longevity yet. most reviews over all have lead me to believe if maintained properly the units hold up well over time. You will need to be hands on and learn the air pump so when a seal blows or you need to change the o rings on compressor unit itself you will know how to do it. That goes with all of them if they compress air. If I could go back and start over I would start with the yong heng, the cooling water hassle is well worth the quicker fill time to me personally. People will tell you don’t get the auto stop version. I will tell you the opposite, get the auto stop version , I just monitor the process and make sure it cuts off as it should. So far it’s worked perfectly.
If there is a same cost or less option better than or as good as that Yong Heng I didn’t find it. I hope this helps someone maybe trying to decide or looking to see all the options. Best of luck to everyone and happy shooting!
Where can you find an external regulatory for 50$? I can’t find them that cheap anywhere. Cheapest I found is 7-8 times that price.

Panzerfaust,
Agreed, three years in June for mine, no problem other than a leaking gauge. Semi-permanent in garage, set-up and break down bucket, hoses, and water pump each session. Don't use tank, just fill guns for home range use. A few other YH positives are inexpensive, easily found parts, good repair videos and power to pressurize post-compressor moisture filters. Caution needed to assure an authentic YongyIheng Pneumatic Company product is purchased, mountains of sub-par clones exist. Yong Heng produces 5 models; Simple, Hardcover, Set Pressure, Auto Stop and Digital. Hardcover and Set Pressure are recommended. Simple lacks Cyclonic Water Separator, Auto Stop is preset at factory (operator can't change) to stop @ 3,000 psi. Digital, OK, but price is up there. WMView attachment 499416
Nice setup!

Reactions: WorriedMan
Where can you find an external regulatory for 50$? I can’t find them that cheap anywhere. Cheapest I found is 7-8 times that price.
I assume you meant regulator but still don't understand what "regulator" you mean. Tethering reg? Fill adapter maybe? If you'd post a picture of what you're referring to it would help tremendously. Some people get nomenclature confused & it gets misinterpreted.

Nice setup!
Thanks, less than $400 for everything in photo, except Uragan .25 on shelf. Keep 9 green ice bottles in freezer, change out, as needed. After fill session dump water in washing machine. Borrowed liquid-filled gauge from Chinese HPA handpump to replace leaking YH one and replaced water pump for $11 when damaged by pulling on cord. SecoLube500 for crankcase. WM

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
I think you might be using the wrong names for certain things. lol and external regulator is what you regulate the HPA with that you use in between the fill bottle and the gun. There are also regulators that are attached to the bottles that attach to pcp guns that I guess could be considered as external regulators as well but I was talking about the regulator that would go in between the fill bottle and the gun. Sorry for the confusion etc. much love brother. Happy shooting.

There are none on eBay that have input pressure rated at 45k the highest is 4k
I just looked at ebay & immediately saw 4500psi fill adapters but STILL not sure if this is what want. Are you filling directly from compressor or tank?
If you're just FILLING your gun a regulator is not necessary just to fill but if you want to TETHER gun to tank then you need a reg. If you'd like to talk about it send me a PM & I'll give you my #.

Last edited:
I am also happy with my choice of a YH. I got it in April of 2021 from Amazon. I went with Amazon because they are so good about returns. I replaced an O ring once but basically it has been trouble free. I use one of the more expensive lubricants and change it once a year. I run my YH one or two times a month to refill my 45 minute SCBA tank. I added a 12 tube computer radiator with 120V fans on it and ran it for about 30 minutes today (opened the vent on the fill set while the tank valve was still open so I had to top it off again) and didn't get to 58 C. I also have a small fan on the motor. My water bucket has a couple gallons of distilled water with water wetter in it and is sealed. I pushed hose fittings in the lid and cut the power cord for the pump so I could seal it up and not have to change the water. Now I can just flip on the radiator and motor fans and the coolant pump, make sure the YH vent is open, and start it. Then I open the bottle (there is a one way valve on the second moisture filter so the bottle cannot pressurize the YH). I check on it every 5 minutes and vent it then. That seems to get most of the moisture. But I still change the little white stock filter after every run. The second filter has color changing beads that only need to be changed a time or two a year. Gun fills from the bottle take seconds and are near silent, of course.

I just looked at ebay & immediately saw 4500psi fill adapters but STILL not sure if this is what want. Are you filling directly from compressor or tank?
If you're just FILLING your gun a regulator is not necessary just to fill but if you want to TETHER gun to tank then you need a reg. If you'd like to talk about it send me a PM & I'll give you my #.