You won’t believe the answer I have gotten to this problem

So here’s the story about 9.. to 10 months ago I purchased an MTC Viper pro from Air Guns Of Arizona. Now the problem I’m having is anything passed 15 magnification is cloudy and the parallax isn’t clearing it up. I sent it to them. They sent it back to me said the scope is perfect, put it back on the gun and sure poop. The same thing is happening again. I got on the phone I told them it not perfect it still very cloudy…..This was the answer. I got ……::::Well don’t use the past 15 so I’m just curious on what you gentleman and ladies would say about that answer

Yeah, like I said I couldn’t believe it…I spend a LOT of money with them ooo yeah he also said I’m expecting too much from a budget scope ..wwooow. Ok at the time it was 699$ I didn’t know that 700 dollars was a budget scope. Lmfaoooooo
That is a lot of money, that's a slap in the face, i would never spend another penny there again!!!

Reactions: Tommy Daddio
That would have "urinated" me waay off! Unacceptable. Speak to someone who KNOWS something at AoA. The individual who said that to you obviously DOESN'T! I just got my Sidewinder back from Hawke. 7 year old scope & I'm not the original owner. They went thru it, reset optical zero, full cleaning & maintenance, got the "crispness" back into the clicks & replaced 2 knobs that didn't look pretty. Didn't charge me a dime! AoA should take notice!
I have had Hawke and Athlon always stand behind their goods, no questions asked. Paid for the shipping both ways.

Well I am not sure as I never owned a MTC scope I owned hundreds of scopes and used to review hi end optics , I am unsure if AOA saying at top mag it has some distortion and this is normal ? I have seen alot of scopes and some scopes usually lower to mid tier when on maximum magnification the lower end optics just magnify distorting , So I would of asked aoa this , Maybe being a dealer for this optic and compared it to a few others and it is inherent with that scope? but calling the manufacture can tell you or go threw their diopter adjustment , I know most you put on mas mag and adjust on like cloudy ( I once and a schmidt bender with grease on inner lens and it was like impossible to get good picutre or blue sky and adjust till edges and retice is crisp as can be also you usually do this and stop after 15 seconde as eyes will adjust , ok let me know how you make out LOU

P/s aoa has alot of experienced optic people their , I am sure if they thought it was bad they would of swapped it out call and ask him what I said hid he compare it to a new one? or is diopter not set good for your eye and is it only at max magnification?

Before you “write off” AOA forever you should call back and ask to talk to a supervisor. It’s entirely possible that the guy who happened to answer your call was the one bad seed, or perhaps he was having a bad day. In no way would I accept that answer, but I would definitely ask for a supervisor before cutting ties with the company forever.
Kenny

And it’s not like I never spend money there. At the very least is 500$ a mouth
It was an AoA employee?
I thought it was the scope company.
AoA has been excellent with me through the years. I take note of which employee I'm dealing with, they have all been good so far.

I just got a new scope, (not from AoA), but it had a distortion in it. I nearly had a heart attack. So I put my jeweler glasses on and had a look at the lenses. It turned out to be a small eyebrow or eyelash hair dead center in the ocular lense.
If it was mine it happened coming out of the box, otherwise it came from the factory.
I cleaned it up and love the scope.

Well I am not sure as I never owned a MTC scope I owned hundreds of scopes and used to review hi end optics , I am unsure if AOA saying at top mag it has some distortion and this is normal ? I have seen alot of scopes and some scopes usually lower to mid tier when on maximum magnification the lower end optics just magnify distorting , So I would of asked aoa this , Maybe being a dealer for this optic and compared it to a few others and it is inherent with that scope? but calling the manufacture can tell you or go threw their diopter adjustment , I know most you put on mas mag and adjust on like cloudy ( I once and a schmidt bender with grease on inner lens and it was like impossible to get good picutre or blue sky and adjust till edges and retice is crisp as can be also you usually do this and stop after 15 seconde as eyes will adjust , ok let me know how you make out LOU

P/s aoa has alot of experienced optic people their , I am sure if they thought it was bad they would of swapped it out call and ask him what I said hid he compare it to a new one? or is diopter not set good for your eye and is it only at max magnification?
I will …and thank you so much for all that info.

I’ve had my share of discussions with AOA the good ones were good and the bad ones turned good. I have never had a problem with AOA. I did notice they have a used MTC for sale. Maybe it’s a systemic problem with MTC?
I never had a problem before this. …I do a lot of business with them. And usually if something is wrong they fix it right away

Add me to the list of folks that have had great customer service from AoA so far. Their tech support and sales support has been top notch. For example, they helped me troubleshoot and repair a used rifle I didn't even purchase from them (Brocock). All that said, we are all humans and have off days. Hope they make this right for the customer, which is the only side of the issue we've heard.

So here’s the story about 9.. to 10 months ago I purchased an MTC Viper pro from Air Guns Of Arizona. Now the problem I’m having is anything passed 15 magnification is cloudy and the parallax isn’t clearing it up. I sent it to them. They sent it back to me said the scope is perfect, put it back on the gun and sure poop. The same thing is happening again. I got on the phone I told them it not perfect it still very cloudy…..This was the answer. I got ……::::Well don’t use the past 15 so I’m just curious on what you gentleman and ladies would say about that answer
Here’s a little update just got off the phone with the kid Shane the service manager at AOA that kid is awesome. Absolutely awesome taking care of whatever problems I have with other guns that I just recently purchased and told him about the MTC problem but the viper pro gonna get to the bottom of it that was the answer I got, and I have to say I believe him, thank God for Shane and some other people over there. Thank you guys so much.

Add me to the list of folks that have had great customer service from AoA so far. Their tech support and sales support has been top notch. For example, they helped me troubleshoot and repair a used rifle I didn't even purchase from them (Brocock). All that said, we are all humans and have off days. Hope they make this right for the customer, which is the only side of the issue we've heard.
Same here up to this point…and like you said we are all human. I get it….

Same here up to this point…and like you said we are all human. I get it….
Great to hear. Shane is the person that helped me troubleshoot and repair my rifle over the phone. He's great! I've also dealt with Logan and Darren on the sales side, both polite and helpful with my questions and concerns.

Typical answer now these days.

Here’s a little update just got off the phone with the kid Shane the service manager at AOA that kid is awesome. Absolutely awesome taking care of whatever problems I have with other guns that I just recently purchased and told him about the MTC problem but the viper pro gonna get to the bottom of it that was the answer I got, and I have to say I believe him, thank God for Shane and some other people over there. Thank you guys so much.
Shane is a great tech and knows what he is doing and he is honest 100% , so Shane is saying this scope has some inherant issues that happen on all of them and use scope below this , I am telling you if shane looked threw it and probably 1000s of other same brand he is telling you this glass at max has some . I dont think he blew you off , I think he is saying
that scope at max the image distorts , this is called Chromatic aberration, / I have had some scopes in the $3 to $6k and some scopes just not good in all of magnifactions , here is an example

schmidt bender pm2 5x25 depending on reticle can cost $2500 to $4800 . depending on reticle and color and turrets , ok well if you use it at 6x or before 8x , they tunnel badly meaning when you look threw scope at low power you see the tube and image is small , and another thing say a PF4 ffp reticle you cant see the reticle it is so thin , Now the scope is tier 1 scope and great 10x to 25x
O own a schmidt bender 5x45 with tremor 3 well 45x is not clear but great out to about 35x , so the last 10 not useable 90percent of time no matter of condition , this costs $7knone defective just how it is

Last edited: