• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Anyone know if i buy the fx barrel kit, will it comes with slug liner?

So I moved into slug. I want to switch from 600mm to 700mm in .25 cal. So I have to buy the barrel kit. Does anyone know if I can get the slug liner with the kit instead of the pellet liner? Does any company/dealer offer this? Or do I have to buy the barrel kit and also the slug liner? That sucks since I do not need the pellet liner.

However you will have to ask if you will be getting a superior heavy liner or the preferred stx slug liner. I believe the superior heavy is 1:18 and the stx slug is 1:16 , that is in .25 cal

I dunno how much accuracy you are looking for but some batches are still not as good as others. Part of why they call it the barrel lottery. Unfortunately you want to play, you gotta pay.

Allen

However you will have to ask if you will be getting a superior heavy liner or the preferred stx slug liner. I believe the superior heavy is 1:18 and the stx slug is 1:16 , that is in .25 cal

I dunno how much accuracy you are looking for but some batches are still not as good as others. Part of why they call it the barrel lottery. Unfortunately you want to play, you gotta pay.

Allen
Hello my friend.
How are you?

My name is Joselito, I'm Brazilian and I need help to clarify a doubt.

I have an FX IMPACT M3 in .22 caliber and I recently bought a Liner Heavy and received it in the 1.18 version in the 700mm size. I haven't seen any information about it or about the difference between the 1.18 and the 1.16 on any website or forum.

I noticed that the shock of the 1/18 is much greater than that of the 1/16, because the velocity decreases a lot with the 1/18.

Could you explain to me what the technical difference is between the Liner 1/18 and the 1/16?

Thank you

@Joselito,

What is the length for your 1:16 liner? If it is longer than the 1:18 liner, then a difference in velocity and noise at the same settings (regulator pressure and hammer spring preload) is to be expected.

In theory, the only difference between liners is the rifling twist rate. The 1/16 spins the projectile faster that the 1:18 at the same muzzle velocity.

Individual barrels may have different friction, so the velocity could vary due to friction differences.

In theory, a faster twist rate may slow the projectile down in muzzle velocity, because there is more energy in the projectile spin. For slow rifling such as 1:16 there is very little energy in the spin, so I would go more with friction differences; especially at the muzzle choke.

This assumes that all the sealing O-rings in the barrel system are in the correct place, and undamaged. Else, simply changing the liner may have caused an air leak, which would reduce performance. It may also release more noise from the breech of the airgun.