Crosman to cut 100's of jobs

Daisy bought Crosman. Daisy is headquartered in Arkansas, I think. Crosman is in upstate New York. Upstate is a lot different from NY city but still, New York is probably not where you want an airgun plant. I saw a report that the first round is 7 people. The plant has about 140 employees and the expectation is that not all will be affected.

I wish people did not need to be affected this way but I do not think it means much with respect to Crosman continuing as a supplier. Moving manufacturing may have effects on their products, we'll have to see. Daisy needs to say something.

Business as usual. I fully expected this. But saying a good brand is biting the dust is jumping the gun, and a huge yikes from me.

In any buy out or merger, there are going to be causalities, and really it makes zero sense to keep two factories going that achieve the same results provided one factory can handle the work load...it would be wasteful otherwise. Hopefully a new business can make use of the old factory...

-Matt

It is sad but when Daisy bought Crosman I feared this would happen. Too much duplication. And probably the call up Crosman and order via the phone is likely gone too. Old fashoned service is going away, pushed out by CCC.

I worked for a company that was very old and was a field engineer. I took calls and mail from all over the world and personally answered everything as did my cohorts. It was a matter of pride and loyalty to our products even if the product was made in the 1950s or even earlier. Oh well, hope it turns out okay for everyone snd Crosman survives and continues to provide personal service.

Last edited:
Daisy bought Crosman. Daisy is headquartered in Arkansas, I think. Crosman is in upstate New York. Upstate is a lot different from NY city but still, New York is probably not where you want an airgun plant. I saw a report that the first round is 7 people. The plant has about 140 employees and the expectation is that not all will be affected.

I wish people did not need to be affected this way but I do not think it means much with respect to Crosman continuing as a supplier. Moving manufacturing may have effects on their products, we'll have to see. Daisy needs to say something.
Arkansas is very gun friendly state! I that in time it will work out just fine. Charles

Everything is high in NY . I was just there and gas alone was $0,87 cents higher ($3.89 VS $3.02 ) than here in KY taxes, food. astrinomical housing comparing similar homes . SO wages have to be higher also . Makes sense to downsize and move most or all manufacturing .

The us job market just lost 800,000 jobs magically .. hmmm so the last 3 years reports been faked and inflated ..

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/21/business/economy/us-jobs-economy.html

I guess them my crosman folks now know what kick by a donkey is like ..lol😎

Now that gamo owns them gamo may have some pretty good hatchet men to trim off that fat ..
Definitely. The numbers have always been bogus. We all saw the reported "Big Numbers" every month but no one bragged about or even mentioned the Numbers when the "Revisions" came out the next month and often the number was cut in half..

Reactions: Septicdeath
So now it's gamo, daisy, crosman?
It's just another holding company hot potato that gets passed around occasionally. I think it sold in 2017 ?

I like how the headliner is sold to daisy ..lol

When it's under gamo as parent co.

Maybe daisy sounds more American like crosman to ease that pain ..lol

The us job market just lost 800,000 jobs magically .. hmmm so the last 3 years reports been faked and inflated ..

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/21/business/economy/us-jobs-economy.html

I guess them my crosman folks now know what kick by a donkey is like ..lol😎

Now that gamo owns them gamo may have some pretty good hatchet men to trim off that fat ..
Hmmm this is August don't all the students go back to school ?
thats an easy 800,000 , but the Gov doesn't say WHO lost or what job lost . So it is a very deceiving number .

That's sad for the people losing their jobs. That explains why my order that I placed on July 31 has not shipped yet. I called last week to check and was told it would be out in two days :unsure:, it hasn't shipped yet :(. I'm a big fan of Crosman I'm wishing them the best..

Hyperbole..doubt there is correlation between the late shipment and this ordeal...

Maybe your part is on order or something...because I just placed an order Monday the 19th...

1724282244176.png

Reactions: Septicdeath
Hyperbole..doubt there is correlation between the late shipment and this ordeal...

Maybe your part is on order or something...because I just placed an order Monday the 19th...

View attachment 490214

;), USPS does not need help from Gamo, Daisy and Crosman to loose packages. Their most recent trick is not scanning anything past the initial receiving scan or not even that. I had a package just a few weeks ago sent to a noted air gun shop that never left the receiving station even after being delivered! I guess it was one of those Schrödinger's cats that can be two places at once or dead and alive at the same time.