• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Frustrated with the 10 day delay for PMs...

I am brand new to the air gun game, but have been a precision rifle shooter for years. This 10 day delay to be able to message anyone is killing me! I am watching deals come and go in the classifieds and can't reach out to anyone! I am sure that it serves a purpose, but I am just a guy trying to buy a rig and get started shooting pellets! :(

#trappedinlimbo

I am brand new to the air gun game, but have been a precision rifle shooter for years. This 10 day delay to be able to message anyone is killing me! I am watching deals come and go in the classifieds and can't reach out to anyone! I am sure that it serves a purpose, but I am just a guy trying to buy a rig and get started shooting pellets! :(

#trappedinlimbo
It's happened to all of us, just try and engage in topics of interest whether they are new or old, it will make the time go by quicker. Also the more active you are in the group the less weary members will be of you. Lots of scammers just try to get in and get out.

There is too much to learn here with that kinda time... I have changed what gun I want 5 times now. LOL
I think I am stuck on the RAW HM1000x Chassis... But I lost the only one in the classifieds due to this dang wait time. It is worse than the Alphabet org rules. haha
I hear ya, but it's all to ensure we have safer transactions and quality members. What do you like about the 1000x that stands out to you the most?

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
There is too much to learn here with that kinda time... I have changed what gun I want 5 times now. LOL
I think I am stuck on the RAW HM1000x Chassis... But I lost the only one in the classifieds due to this dang wait time. It is worse than the Alphabet org rules. haha
If you absolutely must have it NOW NOW NOW, then go buy it new. They're still out there and available.

Sure, it'll be more expensive that way, but it'll also come with a warranty and from a company you won't have to worry about scamming you. Imagine your frustration and waiting time if someone took you for all your shillings!

I hear ya, but it's all to ensure we have safer transactions and quality members. What do you like about the 1000x that stands out to you the most?
Precision. Hex barrel. Good trigger. Good capacity. USA made.
Those things are driving me towards the RAW. I’m a prs nut with rifles. So I love the idea of reaching out. But I’ll probably end up with a bullpup as well eventually.

If you absolutely must have it NOW NOW NOW, then go buy it new. They're still out there and available.

Sure, it'll be more expensive that way, but it'll also come with a warranty and from a company you won't have to worry about scamming you. Imagine your frustration and waiting time if someone took you for all your shillings!
I hate that scammers have become so prolific within all these niche hobbies. Like how do they even know to push these BS scams with pneumatic air guns?! Who even thinks of that outside of people who are already into them?! I’m into a lot of specific hobbies and it’s hard to buy anything online at this point without the high probability of scammers. Used to be that something could just be a good deal- now if it’s a great deal it’s probably a scam. 😑😒

I’m looking at the hm1000x and the panthera. What others would you recommend?
If you're strictly looking into prs and want that low profile, I wouldn't know which other to suggest. An all rounder for me in the fx Impact mk2, the uragan and the vulcans. The AGT brands bring power and accuracy right out of the box, although they have size specific barrels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotay42
@Blanks66 If you have an itch that bad, why not purchase new? If you purchase a used air rile and it arrives with issues, what’s your plan to resolve said issues? Ship it to an airgun smith? If so, you’ll be waiting on repairs. If you ask for you money back and the seller agrees, you have to wait for the returned rifle to arrive and wait for your refund. THEN find another rifle. So what’s wrong with purchasing something new? You can do that right now. Just click on one of the vendors’ banners at the top of the Home Screen. They’re reputable AGN sponsors as far as I know. Some even sell used guns if you insist upon buying used. Just curious man.

If you’re brand new to the hobby and want to drop heavy coin on a forums classifieds gun from someone you have no clue about, then you need a 30 day limbo period. Take your time or you might just wind up spinning in circles. And for your first PCP, for heavens sake, buy new. You know nothing and a dealer will be your best friend, not if but when issues arise. If nothing arises, you’ll at least start a relationship for future purchases. Buy used PCP’s when you’ve been around for a while and know how to shop for them. Ten days is not enough to acquire that ability. You’re relying on luck.