N/A Pawn Shop Find - $15

Picked up this “Revelation” model, made by Crosman for Western Auto Supply Co. It’s a rebranded Crosman 760. First three numbers are 576, so I think it’s a 1976. I didn’t take an initial picture but it was very rough. Non functional. Rusty, nasty looking wood. A $15 special. It’s a smooth bore. I decided to embrace its rustic character. I had this old Williams scope lying around forever. Still waiting on a pump cup, so the picture is a mock with no internals. I’m still trying to decide which receiver finish I like the best. The first one is just polished. The middle one is distressed. The bottom one is fully colored. Opinions welcome.
AB403D0B-117D-4CCC-803A-FA603448D330.jpeg
5A2D4AB5-E6BD-46C9-84B4-B890C984D7E3.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I like the fully colored bottom photo. The first looks too shiny and the middle unloved. Can you get a case-hardened look?
Don’t think I can get a case-hardened look. But maybe close. Looking to get a pewter grey. This die cast has limited options. Anyone have any experience with coloring die cast?

I’m probably in the minority Dan, but I like the polished.Stock looks fantastic too, im assuming you had something to do with that.
It’s my favorite also. The distant picture makes it look to polished and perfect for the rest of the look. But this close up shows that it looks more aesthetically correct with it, I think. And over time, it will dull down. I’m searching ways to quicken the process.
D79AC566-7BED-4BD0-8B5A-EA4A36F1B379.jpeg