Other Pistol shooting

....the UK Olympic people were recruiting talent for the Tokyo games, so I applied. Never been a sporty type, so it was quite something for me to even consider trying, but it was no surprise when I didn't get any further.
... I outshot both of them....
As much I know every country has the "Sporting Association" and those people onboard of directors selecting younger athletes for - sponsored international events.
Happened to me as well and a friend - some 25 years younger - was selected for Turkey, and he actually told me this doesn't prevent me to register for event only I won't be sponsored. Unless coming home with a medal and the Association will reimburse my travel-lodging expenses - but no bonus assigned to the medal holder.
I was kind of p*ssed back then and never again represented a flag - meaning I did not let but prohibited the Press saying a Canadian athlete won dis and dat.... that followed a decent fight with head coaches, and I am glad I did break with them.
Not much have changed in last decade or so...this must be some Commonwealth thingy.

Do they limit the rimfire to .22LR? Are .17HM2 and .17HMR allowed?
As beerthief noted, the rules specify .22lr. And .177 cal is required for airgun disciplines.

Remember that when shooting paper targets, the highest ring touched is what counts, so a smaller-diameter bullet would be a disadvantage. A .22 that just nicked the 9-ring, for example, might score an 8 with a .17.

Also, high-level matches are shot with expensive match-grade ammo, specifically tailored to the 25M pistol event. I'm not sure if comparable stuff is made in .17?

Last edited: