Sightron S6 field target

Glad to read I'm not the only one whose memory for details isn't improving over the last quarter to half-century. šŸ˜‚ Actually, it was me that proposed a new class allowing only single-shot slingshots :unsure:, squint-eye aiming ;), and rock ammo (no rounder than the moon, as determined by qualified match directors :alien:šŸ‘¾šŸ¤–šŸ‘»).

The proposed class was killed by dueling elements arguing whenever to call it Elite Class, or Woke Class.

Leo Duran šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Reactions: AlwaysLastPlace
While this thread is not the place for "Constructive" conversations on said subject, we do have the time and space to perhaps converse a bit :unsure:

Open class ... On the ground or a 6" tall bag ... No sticks or taller seating allowed.
THAT RIGHT THERE eliminates quite likely 50% or more individuals who make up the ranks of current FT participation .. Oups !!

Now the AAFTA has not had an anwser either in what we might hope is wanting/wishing for growth within the ranks. But then again the "Hunter" classes became reality and has IMO and likely unarguable has saved AAFTA Field target from near oblivion.

With this the Power held by the rotating BOG, even tho "Hunter" has made for a brighter future, there is still a big disconnect on the changes that will keep FT alive for years to come under AAFTA sanction. Many have left, many have joined .. In Hunter mostly which should make a difference in bias of rule vetting and decisions, but does not seem to & correct me if mistaken.

Again thoughts, with staying on the view at this end as Disenfranchised more than not :cry:
@open division
Yep folks with bad shoulders, bad backs, bad knees, bad hips (prosthetics) especially, donā€™t need, and shouldnā€™t be, slamming their buttocks down on a 6ā€ pad.

AAFTA should Stop imitating WFTF as they are and should be competing in their own world, as it should be. Same course- sure. Same event - sure. But why all this effort to make Apples and Oranges into one pie? This entire field target multiverse could use some simplification:

WFTF = two classes, <12 fpe international rules should apply:

PCP
Springer
Done.

HFT = two classes <20 fpe. No fixed HumV jeep mounts/tripods but everything else is fine:

PCP
Springer
Done.

Pistol: PCP / CO2 / Pumper = one class:

This pistol field target shooting (regardless of what you call it) is hard any way you play the game

See there - all fixed - put me in charge šŸ˜œ

Returning to this threadā€™s intent - maybe Iā€™ll start shooting Open just so I can use my new S6 to itā€™s full potential?
Maybe Iā€™ll learn what all the bitchin is about. šŸ”„
I guarantee that my new S6 is not likely to improve my forced lane shooting skills šŸ¦and put me on a podium; pew pew.

Last edited:
I believe the key limitation is 16 x. As I own the new S6 itā€™s amazing to 35 yards then blahzay but turn it to 30X and I can differentiate by the 1/2 yards to 65 yards easilyā€¦ that said itā€™s 16X In HFT so blahzay
View attachment 493860
Hey, Iā€™m curious about the focus adjustment, how is the yardage spread in the 35-55yd range compared to the S3? Theyā€™re touting a big difference but Iā€™m wondering how significant it is? Thx

Hey, Iā€™m curious about the focus adjustment, how is the yardage spread in the 35-55yd range compared to the S3? Theyā€™re touting a big difference but Iā€™m wondering how significant it is? Thx
It is significant see the pictures I posted but remember to truly utilize the ranging resolution effectively you need a higher magnification level than 16X