Other PCP Pistol/Carbine

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a PCP pistol/carbine. I'm looking between .25 or .30 caliber (Preferred), achieving 30-40 fpe, and ready out of the box or minimal tuning. I'm not sure if it's possible but hoping someone has some experience/knowledge that can name a few PCP pistol/carbine or share something close to it. I have the Notos and Benajmin PROD (with the tactical Buck rail folding stock) but both are in .22 and I want a high caliber.

I have thought about the Huben GK1 with buying aftermarket parts but I'd have to invest in a pump that can pump up to 5000 PSI..
I've looked at the RAW MicroHunter in .25, but from the spec sheet, it's not reaching 30 fpe
I've also looked at the Brocock Atomic XR Air Pistol in .25 but it doesn't list the max FPS/FPE.

Any other PCP Pistol/carbine I should look at?

30 fpe in 25 should be pretty easy on even a pistol platform with pcp.

30 caliber? 50 fpe, again, should be pretty easy.

If you have Huben money to throw around, then get a leshiy 2 or something. Plenty of power and accessories for them as well.

BRK ghost or even a sidewinder would do nicely, if you got the cash for them.
I'm waiting for the 30 cal sidewinder to be back in stock myself.

GK1 fill to 300bar and not worry, doesnt have to go to 5k. There is a sweet carbine stock for it also.

Screenshot_20240706_095803_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a PCP pistol/carbine. I'm looking between .25 or .30 caliber (Preferred), achieving 30-40 fpe, and ready out of the box or minimal tuning. I'm not sure if it's possible but hoping someone has some experience/knowledge that can name a few PCP pistol/carbine or share something close to it. I have the Notos and Benajmin PROD (with the tactical Buck rail folding stock) but both are in .22 and I want a high caliber.
Would be interesting to know your “envisioned” useage of such a rig as it seems counterintuitive in such a small form factor. Where the Mini Carbines/Pistol-Carbines shine is in the smaller calibers. Sub 30 yards? Many critters are in mortal peril. You seem to be looking for a unicorn…🙏 That said the Ghost XR Carbine is only 30.25” long with moderator attached and you can easily get your required FPE. My 17 FPE .22 Atomic XR is an unabashed arse kicker. Sub 40 yards…? DRT small pests is the norm.

If you are ok with single shot. Airforce TalonP
I just got one in carbine form and it is easily capable of 50 fpe in .25. I turned mine down a bit from the way I received it and I'm getting 47 fpe with 25 gr. pellets @ a little over 900 fps. I've just begun fooling around with it. No mods, and I don't really plan any, other than the Ring-loc valve pin kit.

Reactions: MrP and L.Leon
Are they pretty easy to tune or do they have to be degassed every time you plan to tune them?

Yes, extremely easy to tune. Turning one allen-screw does it; no degassing required to increase or decrease power. NO muss, NO fuss.

While tuning my .22 GK-1 for 3000 PSI/200 BAR fills I inadvertently turned the screw the wrong direction and saw 1200 FPS over the chronograph with 18.1 grain pellets. That's 58 foot pounds out of a small, lightweight .22 PCP pistol! 🤪😵‍💫🤯

After I got a better compressor I re-tuned my GK to return a 19 shot magazine from 310 BAR fills with 22.07 grain pellets at 880 FPS, or 18.1s at 930 FPS.

GK1 Gilmore 40.jpg

There is nothing else on Earth that compares with the Huben GK-1.

Yes, extremely easy to tune. Turning one allen-screw does it; no degassing required to increase or decrease power. NO muss, NO fuss.

While tuning my .22 GK-1 for 3000 PSI/200 BAR fills I inadvertently turned the screw the wrong direction and saw 1200 FPS over the chronograph with 18.1 grain pellets. That's 58 foot pounds out of a small, lightweight .22 PCP pistol! 🤪😵‍💫🤯

After I got a better compressor I re-tuned my GK to return a 19 shot magazine from 310 BAR fills with 22.07 grain pellets at 880 FPS, or 18.1s at 930 FPS.

View attachment 478151

There is nothing else on Earth that compares with the Huben GK-1.

Is that a 3-D printed Moderator on the end there?

Hello,

I have thought about the Huben GK1 with buying aftermarket parts but I'd have to invest in a pump that can pump up to 5000 PSI..
I've looked at the RAW MicroHunter in .25, but from the spec sheet, it's not reaching 30 fpe
I've also looked at the Brocock Atomic XR Air Pistol in .25 but it doesn't list the max FPS/FPE.

Any other PCP Pistol/carbine I should look at?
Pumps that can reach 5000psi aren't really expensive, I got one off ebay for $50 and found the same one for as low as $34. The GK1 is the gun for you as l9ng as you're not expecting to get 40-50 shots at those power levels with the small reservoir.

Out of my GK1 .22 I was able to push the 33.33gr Huben Peanut Slugs to 989fps, that's 72.4fpe