What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

A bit better

IMG_2501.jpg

View attachment 483215
I FINALLY had a perfect first shot...and I quickly quit after shooting it this morning 😂. RAW .22 JSB 18gr 20yds. Probably will never happen again, at least in my lifetime LOL!
Hello @Ranchibi

Now that is a perfect shot, but you are 🐔for not trying to stack four more right on top :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😁

ThomasT

Playing with the Avenger. 30 yds, used JSB and JTS side by side. No real clear winner in My view, but less fliers with the JTs? To be fair the JSB were an open tin and had other sizes in it as well. Not so with the JTS. I just opened a new tin of JSB so I will see if there is any difference. The groups are not too bad considering the “Loose Nut” behind the trigger!:ROFLMAO:

IMG_1247.jpeg

Playing with the Avenger. 30 yds, used JSB and JTS side by side. No real clear winner in My view, but less fliers with the JTs? To be fair the JSB were an open tin and had other sizes in it as well. Not so with the JTS. I just opened a new tin of JSB so I will see if there is any difference. The groups are not too bad considering the “Loose Nut” behind the trigger!:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 483308
Hello @Chief Ten-Beers

Grant it is a bit hard for me to tell with the cards at an angle, but from looking them over ( outside of the fliers ) it appears that the JSB gave you some "almost" one-hole groups (y) . That center bottom row is close enough for a one hole. That is pretty dog gone good shooting.

ThomasT

I shot some ARA (rimfire) Unlimited class targets at 25 yards.

1 inch overall with a 1/2 center. Scored worst edge.

Rifle: Air Arms TX200 MKIII
Optic: Vortex Diamondback 6 to 25
Ammo: Air Arms 10.3 Field Heavy (unsorted and unlubed)
Front Rest: Rock BR with Edgewood Bag
Rear Rest: Protektor #13
Temp: 85F and 85% Humidity
Wind: 0-5 but mostly 0.
Score: 1860 with 4 maybe 5 x's

tx 1835 target.jpgtx 1860 target.jpg

Hello @Chief Ten-Beers

Grant it is a bit hard for me to tell with the cards at an angle, but from looking them over ( outside of the fliers ) it appears that the JSB gave you some "almost" one-hole groups (y) . That center bottom row is close enough for a one hole. That is pretty dog gone good shooting.

ThomasT
Thanks Thomas. They were all 5 shot groups, The JSB's are working pretty well. I am shooting more now to compare again. The main thing about the Avenger is that the JTS are much more tight when chambered vs the JSB. This next time I will see if there is much velocity change if any? Won't know till I try! :D

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT

View attachment 483320View attachment 483319
Nice Shooting
Using a .177?
How do you like the rear bag? looking into a few for myself
Mike

View attachment 483308
Nice shooting Chief
I believe your flyers came from the mix in your tin, but JSB do have their flyers these days
The splat targets make it very simple for you to see impact and distance...but i do not like them for judging percission.
For that, i'd rather do single shots on mulitple targets so i can clearly see what's going on
Are you going to try different FPS as well to see if your groups tighten up?
Look forward to your next post
Mike

Nice shooting Chief
I believe your flyers came from the mix in your tin, but JSB do have their flyers these days
The splat targets make it very simple for you to see impact and distance...but i do not like them for judging percission.
For that, i'd rather do single shots on mulitple targets so i can clearly see what's going on
Are you going to try different FPS as well to see if your groups tighten up?
Look forward to your next post
Mike
Definitely I will be doing more tuning and experimenting. And you are spot on about the splatter Spots. If you hit it a couple times it rips the Paper pretty good. I will be ordering some small little 3/8" stickers and do just that. I am currently shooting from a Folding Table and from a couple filled sand bags, so I will be making changes to that as I go along. It's just nice to have it up and running again! Thanks Mike!

View attachment 483320View attachment 483319
Hello @drpietrzak

Those are two well shot cards. Is that .177 or .22 cal?

ThomasT

Reactions: drpietrzak
Hello everyone,

I guess it will never stop raining so when it slows down to a drizzle I figure it is time to shoot some paper targets even if they get a bit wet.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: 5 to 10 mph w/rain

ThomasT

AvengerW-101.jpg

Hello everyone,

I guess it will never stop raining so when it slows down to a drizzle I figure it is time to shoot some paper targets even if they get a bit wet.

ThomasT

View attachment 483388
Lookin good!

• Love
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 483388
Thomas, very nice card! You are definitely an all weather shooter! 🤗

• Love
i have been breaking in the new Skout bull barrel and shot a 100 shot target.
the new barrel is performing much better than the 34.4 barrel i had on previously
I think i had a pellet backwards in the magazine because the shot on 68 was aimed at number 47o_O
Now i have 300 shots down the barrel ..looking good
IMG_0237.jpeg